Building Systems Engineering • Materials Science & Engineering
- PhD, Civil Engineering, Stanford University, 2013
- MS, Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 2008
- BS, Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2006
Honors and Distinctions:
- 2017 Engineering News Record (ENR) Mountain States Top 20 Under 40
- 2016 ASCE ExCEEd Teaching Fellowship
- 2016 Young Researcher Award, CEAE Department, University of Colorado Boulder
- 2016 AREN Faculty Appreciation Award, CEAE Department, University of Colorado Boulder
- 2013 Best Presentation Award, NSF/NIST Durability of Polymers & Composites Workshop
- 2012 Gerald J. Lieberman Graduate Fellowship, Stanford University
- 2012 Graduate Scholar Award, International Sustainability Conference
- 2011 Best Paper Award, American Composites Manufacturers’ Association
- 2007 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- 2006 SOM Traveling Fellowship in Structural Engineering
- 2006 Most Outstanding Senior Engineer Award, Texas A&M University
- 2002 Terry Foundation Scholarship, Texas A&M University
- 2002 President’s Endowed Scholarship, Texas A&M University
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI)
- Structural Engineering Institute (SEI)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Ceramics Society (ACerS)
- United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Biomimetic Materials Science and Engineering
- Bio- and Cement-based Materials
- Polymers and Polymeric Composites
- Durability and Service-Life Prediction
- Embodied Carbon in Materials and Structures
- Gevaudan, JP, KM Campbell, TJ Kane, RK Shoemaker, WV Srubar III. "Mineralization Dynamics of Metakaolin-based Alkali-Activated Cements." Cement and Concrete Research, 94: 1-12, 2017.
- Hinchcliffe, SA, KM Hess, WV Srubar III. "Experimental and Theoretical Investigation of Prestressed Natural Fiber-Reinforced Polylactic Acid (PLA) Composite Materials." Composites Part B: Engineering, 95: 346-354, 2016.
- Frazier, SD, WV Srubar III. "Evaporation-based Method for Preparing Gelatin Foams with Aligned Tubular Pore Structures." Materials Science and Engineering C, 62: 467-473, 2016.
- Hess, KM, WV Srubar III. "Activating Relaxation-Controlled Diffusion Mechanisms for Tailored Moisture Resistance of Gelatin-based Bioadhesives for Engineered Wood Products." Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 84: 435-441, 2016.
- Barnhouse, BW†, WV Srubar III. "Mechanical Characterization and Hydraulic Conductivity Modeling of Macroporous Recycled-Aggregate Pervious Concrete." Construction and Building Materials, 110: 89-97, 2016.
- Park, B, WV Srubar III, M Krarti. "Energy Performance Analysis of Variable Thermal Resistance Envelopes in Residential Buildings." Energy and Buildings, 103: 317-325, 2015.
- Srubar III, WV. "An Analytical Model for Predicting the Freeze-Thaw Durability of Wood-Fiber Composites." Composites Part B: Engineering; 69: 435-442, 2015.
- Srubar III, WV. "Stochastic Service-Life Modeling of Chloride-Induced Corrosion in Recycled-Aggregate Concrete." Cement and Concrete Composites; 55: 103-111, 2015.
- Srubar III, WV, SL Billington. "A Micromechanical Model for Moisture-Induced Deterioration in Fully Biorenewable Wood-Plastic Composites." Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing; 50: 81-92, 2013.
- Srubar III, WV, CW Frank, SL Billington. "Modeling the Kinetics of Water Transport and Hydroexpansion in a Lignocellulose-Reinforced Bacterial Copolyester." Polymer; 53(11): 2152-61, 2012.