Geotechnical Engineering & Geomechanics • Engineering Science • Materials Science & Engineering
Office: ECOT 421
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University, 1998
- S.M., Aeronautics and Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1993
- B.S.E., Civil Engineering Systems, University of Pennsylvania, 1991
Honors and Distinctions:
- Research Development Award, Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder, 2012
- R&D 100 Award, R&D Magazine, 2000
- Sidney Shore Award, University of Pennsylvania, 1991
- Engineering Mechanics Institute (EMI)
- Computational multiscale mechanics for porous and particulate materials.
- Mechanics of single phase (dry) and multiphase (partially-saturated and saturated, multi-constituent) porous materials, such as geomaterials (soil, rock), concrete, and soft biological tissues.
- Damaged polycrystalline metals.
- Generalized continuum theories for multiscale modeling of inelastic deformation.
- Applications include modeling geotechnical, geological, and structural engineering failures, high strain rate loading of polycrystalline metals and soils, and visco-poroelastic response of ocular tissues and other biological tissues.
- Yan, B., Regueiro, R.A. (2018) Comparison between O(n2) and O(n) neighbor search algorithm and its influence on superlinear speedup in parallel DEM for complex-shaped particles, Engineering Computations, accepted.
- Ma, G., Regueiro, R.A., Zhou, W., Liu, J. (2018) Spatiotemporal analysis of strain localization in dense granular materials, Acta Geotechnica, Link, in press
- Yan, B., Regueiro, R.A. (2018) Comparison between pure MPI and hybrid MPI-OpenMP parallelism for 3D Discrete Element Method (DEM) of ellipsoidal and poly-ellipsoidal particles, Computational Particle Mechanics 5(4):553-577.
- Yan, B., Regueiro, R.A. (2018) Superlinear speedup phenomenon in parallel 3D Discrete Element Method (DEM) simulations of complex-shaped particles, Parallel Computing 75:61-87.
- Yan, B., Regueiro, R.A. (2018) Large-scale dynamic and static simulations of complex-shaped granular materials using parallel three-dimensional Discrete Element Method (DEM) on DoD supercomputers, Engineering Computations 35(2):1049-1084.
- Amirrahmat, S., Alshibli, K., Jarrar, M., Zhang, B., Regueiro, R.A. (2018) Equivalent continuum strain calculations based on 3D particle kinematic measurements of sand, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics 42(8):999-1015.
- Ma, G., Regueiro, R.A., Zhou, W., Wang, Q., Liu, J. (2018) Role of particle crushing on particle kinematics and shear banding in granular materials, Acta Geotechnica 13(3):601-618.
- Zhang, B., Regueiro, R.A., Druckrey, A.M., Alshibli, K. (2018) Construction of poly-ellipsoidal grain shapes from SMT imaging on sand, and the development of a new DEM contact detection algorithm, Eng. Comput. 35(2):733-771.
- Fankell, D.P., Regueiro, R.A., Kramer, E.A., Ferguson, V.L., Rentschler, M.E. (2017) A small deformation thermo-poromechanics finite element model and its application to arterial tissue fusion, ASME J. Biomech. Eng. 140(3):01.
- Isbuga, V., Regueiro, R.A. (2017) Finite element analysis of finite strain micromorphic Drucker-Prager plasticity, Computers and Structures, 193:31-43.