Professor • Professional Engineer (PE) and LEED-AP
Building Systems Engineering • Engineering Science
- Diplôme d'Ingénieur, 1982, Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France.
- Diplôme d'Ingénieur, 1984, Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, Paris.
- Master of Science, School of Engineering, 1985, University of Colorado.
- Doctor of Philosophy, School of Engineering, 1987, University of Colorado.
Honors and Distinctions:
- Fulbright U.S. Scholar 2023
- Distinguished Achievement Award, CEAE Department, 2016.
- Elected ASME Fellow, 2015.
- New Inventor Award, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2013.
- Eckel Award for Excellence, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2012.
- Service Award, Solar Energy Division Chair, ASME, New York, NY, 2011.
- American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Fellow Member.
- American Society for Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning (ASHRAE), Voting Member.
- International Solar Energy Society (ISES), Member.
- Evaluation of building energy efficiency technologies
- Optimal design and retrofit of buildings
- Controls of HVAC and lighting systems
- Multi-benefit analysis of large-scale energy efficiency programs
- Assessment of renewable energy systems
Books and Monographs:
- M. Krarti Energy Efficient Building Electrical Systems” M. Krarti, book, 494 pages, Taylor and Francis, 2017.
- M. Krarti and D. Marchio, Guide Technique d’Audit Energetique, book, 250 pages, Mines-Press, 2016.
- M. Krarti, Thermo-active Foundations for Sustainable Buildings, monograph, 150 pages, ASME Press, 2015.
- M. Krarti, Weatherization of Residential Buildings, book, 400 pages, Taylor and Francis Publishing, 2012.
- M. Krarti, Energy Audit for Building Systems: An Engineering Approach- Second Edition, textook, CRC Press, 600 pages, 2011.
- 1N. Kruis, and M. Krarti, Three-dimensional accuracy with two-dimensional computation speed: using the Kiva™ numerical framework to improve foundation heat transfer calculations, Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 10(2), 161-182, (2017).
- M. Krarti M. and K. Dubey, Energy productivity evaluation of large scale building energy efficiency programs for Oman, Sustainable Cities and Society, 29, 12-22, (2017).
- Alaidroos and M. Krarti, Experimental validation of a numerical model for ventilated wall cavity with spray evaporative cooling systems for hot and dry climates, Energy and Buildings, 131, 207-222, (2016).
- Alaidroos and M. Krarti, Numerical Modeling of Ventilated Wall Cavities with Spray Evaporative Cooling Systems, Energy and Buildings, accepted and available online 24 August (2016)
- M. Krarti and P. Ihm, Evaluation of Net-Zero Energy Residential Buildings in the MENA Region, Sustainable Cities and Society, 22, 116-125, (2016).
- Park and M. Krarti, Energy performance analysis of variable reflectivity envelope systems for commercial buildings, Energy and Buildings, 124, 88-98, (2016).
- Ameer and M. Krarti, Impact of Subsidization on High Energy Performance Designs for Kuwaiti Residential Buildings, Energy and Buildings, 116, 249-262, (2016).
- J. Mun, and M. Krarti, Optimal Insulation for Ice Rink Floors, Energy and Buildings, In Press, Available online 25 September, (2015).
- M. Krarti, Evaluation of large scale building energy efficiency retrofit program in Kuwait, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 50, 1069-1080, (2015).
- Park, W.V. Srubar, and M. Krarti, Energy performance analysis of variable thermal resistance envelopes in residential buildings, Energy and Buildings, 103, 317-325, (2015).