Structural Engineering & Structural Mechanics • Materials Science & Engineering
- B.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, May2006
- M.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, May 2009
- Ph.D. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, December 2013
- Postdoc, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, December 2014
- American Concrete Institute
- ASCE Engineering Mechanics Institute
- Cementitious materials
- Micro-structure quantification and design
- Fracture mechanics
- Micro- and Meso- scale experimental testing and simulation techniques
- Failure prediction of construction materials
- Construction material health risks and toxicity
- M. H. Hubler, J. Gelb, and F.-J. Ulm, “Gas shale texture quantification and phase volume analysis from XRM imaging,” Journal of Nanomechanics and Micromechanics.
- M. H. Hubler, F.-J. Ulm, “Size Effect Law for Scratch Tests of Axisymmetric Shape,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 142 (12), 2016.
- Q. Yu, J.-L. Le; M. H. Hubler; R. Wendner, G. Cusatis, and Z. Bažant, “Comparison of Main Models for Size Effect on Shear Strength of Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Beams” Structural Concrete. 17(5), 2016.
- RILEM TC-242-MDC, “RILEM draft recommendation: TC-242-MDC multi-decade creep and shrinkage of concrete: material model and structural analysis*,” RILEM Mater. and Struc., 48(4), 2015.
- R. Wendner, M. Hubler, and Z. Bažant, “Model B4: An Updated Model for Multi-Decade Behavior,” RILEM Mater. and Struc., 2015.
- M. Hubler, R. Wendner, and Z. Bažant, “Model B4: An Improved Shrinkage Model for Modern Concretes,” RILEM Mater. and Struc., 2015.
- R. Wendner, M. Hubler, and Z. Bažant, “Model B4: Statistical Justification and Calibration of Multi-Decade Prediction Model,” RILEM Mater. and Struc., 2015.
- Z. Bažant, R. Wendner, and M. Hubler, “Model B4: Prediction of Concrete Creep and Shrinkage in Analysis and Design of Structures,” RILEM Mater. and Struc., 2015.
- M. Hubler, R. Wendner, and Z. Bažant, “Extensive Concrete Creep and Shrinkage Database – Analysis and Recommendations for Testing and Reporting,” ACI Mat. J, 2015.
- Z. Bažant and M. H. Hubler, “Theory of Cyclic Creep of Concrete Based on Paris Law for Fatigue Growth of Subcritical Microcracks,” JMPS 2013, 63, pg. 187-200.