Structural Engineering & Structural Mechanics • Materials Science & Engineering • Engineering Science
Office: ECOT 549
- Ph.D. (2008): Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
- M.S. (2003): School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- B.S. (2001): School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- Committee member (2013-present): ASCE EMI Computational Mechanics Committee
- Member (2013-present): American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Member (2006-present): United States Association for Computational Mechanics (USACM)
- Member (2006-present): International Association for Computational Mechanics (IACM)
- Computational multiscale analysis for failure
- Computational multiphysics analysis for coupled field interactions
- Computational material design and analysis
- Model reduction for real-time computing
- I. Asareh, Y.C. Yoon and J.H. Song, A numerical method for dynamic fracture using the extended finite element method with non-nodal enrichment parameters, International Journal of Impact Engineering, 121:63-76 (2018).
- K.C. Hoang, T.Y. Kim and J.H. Song, Fast and accurate two-field reduced basis approximation for parametrized thermoelasticity problems, Finite Element Analysis and Design, 141: 96-118 (2018).
- J.H. Song, Y. Fu, T.Y. Kim, Y.C. Yoon, J.G. Michopoulos and T. Rabczuk, Phase field simulations of coupled microstructure solidification problems via the strong form particle difference method, International Journal of Mechanics and Materials in Design, (2017). Link
- Y. Fu, J.G. Michopoulos and J.H. Song, On investigating the thermomechanical properties of cross-linked epoxy via molecular dynamics analysis, Nanoscale and Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, 21:8-25 (2017).
- Y. Fu, J.G. Michopoulos and J.H. Song, Bridging the multi-phase field model with the molecular dynamics for the solidification of nano-crystals, Journal of Computational Science, 20:187-197 (2017).
- K.C. Hoang, Y. Fu, and J.H. Song, An hp-proper orthogonal decomposition-moving least squares approach for molecular dynamics simulation, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 298: 548-575 (2016).
- J. Lua, T. Zhang, E. Fang and J.H. Song, “Explicit phantom paired shell element approach for crack branching and impact damage prediction of aluminum structures”, International Journal of Impact Engineering, 87:28–43 (2016).
- Y. Fu, J.G. Michopoulos and J.H. Song, “Dynamic response of polyethylene polymer nanocomposites to shock wave loading”, Journal of Polymer Science, Part B: Polymer Physics, 53: 1292-1302 (2015).
- Y. Fu, J.G. Michopolous and J.H. Song, “Coarse-grained molecular dynamics simulations of epoxy resin during the curing process”, Computational Materials Science, 107: 24-32 (2015).
- Y. Fu and J.H. Song, “Heat flux expressions that satisfy the conservation laws in atomistic system involving multibody potentials”, Journal of Computational Physics, 294: 191–207 (2015).