- B.S. in Analytical Chemistry, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain, 1994.
- M.S. in Environmental Analytical Chemistry, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain, 1995.
- Ph.D. in Environmental Analytical Chemistry, CSIC, Barcelona, 1999.
- Post-doc Associate in Chemistry, U.S. Geological Survey, Denver, CO, 2000-2003.
- Post-doc Associate in Chemistry, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO, 2000-2003.
Honors and Distinctions:
- Author of >100 peer reviewed publications. Hirsch Factor: 42.
- Associate Editor, Trends in Environmental Analytical Chemistry, Jan 2016-
- Organized symposia, Advances in Mass Spectrometry, Pittsburgh Conference, 2002-2017.
- 3 Invited Key Note lectures and 30 invited lectures at International Symposia. Total of 55 oral presentations.
- Editor of 3 books related to Mass Spectrometry (2003, 2009 and 2013).
- Member of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) and chairman of the Environmental Interest Group.
- Patent: Determination of chemical empirical formulas of unknown compounds using accurate ion mass measurement of all isotopes, 2007, US 20070114373.
- Assistant Professor at Department of Analaytical Chemistry, University of Almeria, Almeria, Spain, 2003-2008.
- LC/Q-TOF-MS analytical method development for the accurate mass analysis of pesticides and pharmaceuticals in water samples.
- LC/MS-MS analytical method development for low ng/L level quantitation of contaminants.
- Analysis of groundwater, drinking water and wastewater.
- Identification of unknowns in environmental samples by LC/Q-TOF-MS.
- Food Analysis (soy milk, fruits and vegetables, soft drinks, etc.).
- Expertise: interpretation of mass spectra data using LC/MS-MS and LC/Q-TOF-MS techniques.
- Analysis of organic compounds in hydraulic fracturing waters