Office: ECOT 533
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, 2010
- MS, Geo-Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2015
- PhD, Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2016
- Society of Engineering Science (SES)
- Engineering Mechanics Institute (EMI)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Rock Mechanics Association (ARMA)
My group aim to tackle some of the challenging direct and inverse problems in engineering mechanics involving wave motion. Examples include:
- inverse scattering in complex or unknown domains
- linear/nonlinear wave propagation in materials with periodic, random, or multiphase microstructure e.g. metamaterials, damage/degradation zones, porous/granular media
- elastic-wave cloaking
- nonlinear and multi-scale dynamics of material interfaces
- Pourahmadian F, Guzina BB, Haddar, H (2016). Generalized linear sampling method for elastic-wave sensing of heterogeneous fractures. Inverse Problems, in press.
- Pourahmadian F, Guzina BB (2015). On the elastic-wave imaging and characterization of fractures with specific stiffness. International Journal of Solids and Structures 71:126-140.
- Guzina BB, Pourahmadian F (2015). Why the high-frequency inverse scattering by topological sensitivity may work. Proceedings of the Royal Society A 471:20150187.
- Pourahmadian F, Guzina BB (2016). Active ultrasonic imaging and interfacial characterization of stationary and evolving fractures in rock . In: 50th U.S. Rock Mechanics Symposium . Houston, Texas; June 26–29.
- Pourahmadian F, Mogilevskaya SG (2015). Complex variables-based approach for analytical evaluation of boundary integral representations of three-dimensional acoustic scattering. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements 53:9-17.
- Pourahmadian F, Ahmadian H, Jalali H (2012). Modeling and identification of frictional forces at a contact interface experiencing vibro-impacts. Journal of Sound and Vibration 331:2874-2886.
- Jalali H, Ahmadian H, Pourahmadian F (2011). Identification of micro-vibro-impacts at the boundary condition of a nonlinear beam. Journal of Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 25:1073-1085.
- Ahmadian H, Jalali H, Pourahmadian F (2010). Nonlinear model identification of a frictional contact support. Journal of Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 24:2844-2854.