Hydrology, Water Resources & Environmental Fluid Mechanics • Civil Systems
- B.A. Philosopy, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 1975
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 1978
- M.S. Civil Engineering, Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, CO, 1983; Hydraulics and Sedimentation Program
- Ph.D. Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 1992; Water Resources Program
Honors and Distinctions:
- Director, Center for Advanced Decision Support for Water and Environmental Systems (CADSWES) 2000-Present
- American Geophysical Union
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Water Resources Association
- Colorado Foundation for Water Education
- International Water Resources Association
- Universities Council on Water Resources
- Water resource systems and modeling
- Planning and operations of multi-objective river and reservoir systems
- Decision support
- Analysis and adaptive management for climate change
- Decision making under uncertainty
- RiverWare®, software copyright 1998-2017 by E. Zagona and CADSWES RiverWare Development Team, http://www.riverware.org/PDF/RiverWare/documentation/index.html
- Erkyihun, S.E., B. Rajagopalan, E. Zagona, U. Lall, and K. Nowak (2016). Wavelet-based Time Series Bootstrap Model for Multidecadal Streamflow Simulation Using Climate Indicators, Water Resour. Res., 52, 4061–4077, doi:10.1002/2016WR018696.
- Wheeler, K.G., M. Basheer, Z.T. Mekonnen, S.O. Eltoum, A. Mersha, G.M. Abdo, E.A. Zagona, J.W. Hall and S.J. Dadson (2016). Cooperative Filling Approaches for the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam, Water International, Published online 11 May, DOI:10.1080/02508060.2016.1177698.
- Yanto, Rajagopalan, B. & Zagona, E. (2016). Space-time Variability of Indonesian Rainfall at Inter-annual and Multi-decadal Time Scales. Climate Dynamics, 1-15, DOI 10.1007/s00382-016-3008-8.
- Frevert, D., J. Prairie and E. Zagona, Hydrology of the Colorado River Basin, Chapter 110 in the Fiftieth Anniversary Edition of Handbook of Applied Hydrology, edited by Vijay Singh. McGraw-Hill, New York, October 11, 2016.
- Brown, C. M., J. R. Lund, X. Cai, P. M. Reed, E. A. Zagona, A. Ostfeld, J. Hall, G. W. Characklis, W. Yu, & L. Brekke (2015), The Future of Water Resources Systems Analysis: Toward a Scientific Framework for Sustainable Water Management, Water Resour. Res., 51, doi:10.1002/2015WR017114.
- Smith, R., J. Kasprzyk, and E. Zagona (2015). Many-Objective Analysis to Optimize Pumping and Releases in Multireservoir Water Supply Network, J. Water Resour. Plann. Manage., 04015049-1—04015049-14, dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000576.
- Bracken, C., B. Rajagopalan, E. Zagona (2014). A Hidden Markov Model Combined with Climate Indices for Multi-decadal Streamflow Simulation, Water Resources Research, 50, 7836-7846.
- Ibanez, E., T. Magee, M. Clement, G. Brinkman, M. Milligan, and E. Zagona (2014). Enhancing Hydropower Modeling in Variable Generation Integration Studies. Energy, 74 (2014), 518–528.
- Clement, M., T. Magee, E. Zagona (2014), A Methodology to Assess the Value of Integrated Hydropower and Wind Generation; Wind Engineering 38 (3), 261-276.
- Nowak, K., M. Hoerling, B. Rajagopalan, and E. Zagona (2012), Colorado River Basin Hydroclimatic Variability, Journal of Climate, 25 (2), 4389-4403
- Rajagopalan, B., C. Brown, A. Mishra, S. Demuth, E. Zagona, J. Salas, A. Sharma, U. Lall and A. Polebitski (2012). State of the resource: Quantity. In: Chapter 15 of Managing Water under Uncertainty and Risk, United Nations World Water Development Report 4 (WWDR4), UNESCO.