Assistant Professor • Joint Appointment with CIRES
Hydrology, Water Resources & Environmental Fluid Mechanics • Mortenson Center in Global Engineering
Office: SEEC C251
216 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309-0216
- PhD, Civil Engineering (emphasis in hydrology), University of Washington-Seattle, 2012
- MESc, Civil Engineering, University of Western Ontario, 2006
Honors and Distinctions:
- NASA New Investigator Award (2018)
- Symposium Scholar, DISCCRS VIII: Dissertations Initiative for the Advancement of Climate Change Research, 2013
- CIRES Visiting Fellowship Award, 2012.
- American Geophysical Union
- Impacts of changing land cover and climate on water resources
- Land surface modeling and the terrestrial water balance
- Regionalization of land surface processes and parameters
- Sediment transport
- Badger, A.M., B. Livneh, Hoerling, M.P., and J.K. Eischeid, 2018: Understanding the 2011 Upper Missouri River Basin floods in the context of a changing climate, Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies, 19, 110-123, Link.
- Hein C.J., S. Gopalakrishnan, J.E. Ten Hoeve, B. Livneh, H.D. Adams, E.L. Marino, and S.C. Weiler, 2018: Overcoming Early Career Barriers to Interdisciplinary Climate Change Research, Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews Climate Change, e530, 1-18, Link.
- Jennings, K.S., T. Winchell, B. Livneh, and N.P. Molotch, 2018: Spatial variation of the rain-snow temperature threshold across the Northern Hemisphere, Nature Communications, 9, 1148.
- Friedrich, K., R. Grossman, J. Huntington, P. Blanken, J. Lenters, K. Holman, D. Gochis, B. Livneh, J. Prairie, E. Skeie, N. Healey, K. Dahm, C. Pearson, T. Finnessey, S. Hook, and T. Kowalski, 2018: Reservoir Evaporation in the Western United States: Current Science, Challenges, and Future Needs, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, doi:10.1175/BAMS-D-15-00224.1.
- Shellito, P., E. E. Small, and B. Livneh, 2018: Controls on surface soil drying rates observed by SMAP and simulated by the Noah land surface model, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 22(3), 1649.
- Henn, B., A.J. Newman, B. Livneh, C. Daly, and J.D. Lundquist, 2018: An assessment of differences in gridded precipitation datasets in complex terrain, Journal of Hydrology, 556, 1205-1219.
- Marlier, M.E., M. Xiao, R. Engel, B. Livneh, J.T. Abatsoglou, and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2017: The 2015 drought in Washington State: A harbinger of things to come? Environmental Research Letters, 12 114008.
- Stewart, J.S., B. Livneh, J.R. Kasprzyk, J.T. Minear, B. Rajagopalan, and W.J. Raseman, 2017: A multi-algorithm approach to land surface modeling of suspended sediment in the Colorado Front Range, Journal of Advances in Models Earth Systems, 9(7), 2526-2544.
- Yanto, B. Livneh, and B. Rajagopalan, 2017: Development of a gridded meteorological dataset over Java island, Indonesia 1985–2014, Nature Scientific Data, 4, 170072.
- Hallar, A.G., N.P. Molotch, J. Hand, B. Livneh, I.B. McCubbin, R. Petersen, J. Michalsky, D. Lowenthal, 2017: Impacts of Increasing Aridity and Wildfires on Aerosol Loading in the Intermountain Western U.S., Environmental Research Letters, 12(1), 014006.