When You Can Add
You can add classes to your schedule during these times:
- Your assigned enrollment dates
- The schedule adjustment period (fall registration only)
- The open enrollment period
Under special circumstances, you may be allowed to add a class after open enrollment ends with permission from the instructor and/or your department (requirements vary by department). Late adds are typically only approved if the class has space available and you've been attending class regularly.
Please note that late-added classes may affect your financial aid eligibility and tuition and fee bill, and you will not receive COF funding for the class unless the registration delay was due to university error.
How to Add
- Log in to Buff Portal.
- On the change your schedule card, select "Add a Class."
- If you haven't already, search for the class and add it to your shopping cart.
- In your shopping cart, select "Continue to Enrollment."
- If prompted, select the term you're enrolling in, then select "Continue."
- Scroll down to the "CU Boulder Shopping Cart" section and tick the checkbox next to each class you want to add.
- Select "Add Selected Classes."
- Confirm your selection(s), then select "Finish Enrolling." If you get an error message, read the description for details.