What Are They?

Official transcripts are comprehensive records of your academic coursework and progress at the University of Colorado that reflect earned degrees as well as credits accepted in transfer or by exam.

Unofficial transcripts contains the same information as official transcripts, but:

  • Lack the authenticity features typically required by academic institutions and potential employers
  • Include your academic probation information for advising purposes, if applicable
  • Display your preferred name (official transcripts display your legal name)

View Your Unofficial Transcript

Current students and prior students with no coursework on or before 1988 are eligible to download their unofficial transcript by following the instructions below:

  1. Log in to Buff Portal.
  2. On the transcripts card, select "View your unofficial transcript."
  3. Select your home institution and transcript type (see below for details), then click "View Unofficial Transcript."

If you no longer have access to Buff Portal:

  1. Recover your student ID.
  2. Reactivate your IdentiKey.
  3. Log into Buff Portal.

If you have trouble, you need to be provisioned access by OIT. They can be contacted at oithelp@colorado.edu  or 303-735-4357.

Order an Official Transcript

Log in to Buff Portal to check for holds before placing your order. If you have any financial obligations, please complete a Request for Release of Financial Transcript Hold. Typically, your hold will be released within 15 minutes of submitting the form.

Former Students         Students with an IdentiKey

If you're unable to use the online ordering system, contact transcriptinfo@colorado.edu for assistance.