Enrollment & Degree Verifications

If you are a third party looking to verify a student's enrollment history or degree status at CU Boulder, you may request an official verification through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).

The University of Colorado Boulder has authorized the NSC to act as its agent for purposes of third-party enrollment and degree verification. The NSC can verify degrees and enrollment for those students who have not placed a privacy block on their academic record.

The student's name when enrolled, Social Security number or student ID, and date of birth are required for identification purposes. All third parties should visit the NSC website for information on instructions and fees.

Please note: If requesting information for a student who attended the University of Colorado Denver, Colorado Springs or the Anschutz Medical Campus, please indicate this specific campus on your request to the NSC. The request will be verified by the corresponding campus. If you indicate the wrong campus, your request may be denied.

Military Recruitment Data

The 1996 Solomon Amendment provides for the Secretary of Defense to deny federal funding to institutions of higher learning if they prohibit or prevent ROTC or military recruitment on campus.

Request Military Recruitment Data

Student Data Reports & Repositories

CU Boulder faculty and staff can request access to student data reports or data repositories. Effective Fall 2017, CU Boulder no longer provides student mailing addresses to external third parties.

All student data requests are subject to the conditions specified in federal FERPA and HIPAA laws, the University of Colorado's data governance (APS #6010) and electronic communications (APS #6002) policies, and CU Boulder's directory information policy.