Mechanical Engineering (ME) Partners support the education of students and the mission of the department by bringing industry connections through a focus on project-based learning.
What ME Partners Do
- Sponsor senior design and graduate design course projects
- Provide resources to maintain and enhance project-based courses
- Deliver seminars to graduate and undergraduate students
- Serve as guest lecturers for academic courses
- Support plant/lab site visits for students
- Connect students with internship opportunities
- Serve as adjunct faculty members, as needed
What Partners Get In Return
- Network with colleagues
- Student recruitment opportunities for jobs/internships
- Opportunity to shape education for up-and-coming engineers
- Solutions to engineering problems through senior design projects
- New ideas and approaches to company problems
- Functioning hardware with documentation
- Outreach and promotion of your involvement
ME Partner meetings are held annually, coinciding with the Mechanical Engineering Senior Design Exposition in April.
ME Partners must sponsor a senior or graduate design project at least every three years. If you are interested in serving on the ME Partners Committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.