The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available starting October 1, 2021 for the 2022-23 school year. Students will use tax information from 2020 to submit the 2022-23 FAFSA. Complete your FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1 to be considered for the most financial aid.
Watch a step-by-step video guide to the FAFSA.
See how to use the IRS Data Retrieval in the FAFSA.
Get tips on using the myStudentAid mobile app.
Access FAFSA Frequently Asked Questions.
You can now complete the FAFSA from your mobile device with the myStudentAid app. While the FAFSA app is convenient, we recommend completing the FAFSA on a desktop or laptop if one is available to you. If you choose to use the mobile app, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Download the myStudentAid app (available for Apple or Android).
- If already installed, you will need to update the app after October 1 to see next year's FAFSA
- Use a secure Wi-Fi connection.
- Your info will save after you complete each section.
- Only one person can make changes to your FAFSA at a time. Be sure to sign out of the FAFSA if your parent needs to sign in to add their info.
- Sign the FAFSA with your FSA ID.
- If you need to make a correction to your FAFSA, like adding a school code, you will need to do so from a desktop.