Educational Benefit Programs

You may be eligible for Veterans benefits based on your affiliation with the military.

Currently Serving
If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Check your eligibility with the VA to find out your status and the amount for which you qualify with your Service prior to enrolling.

If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2011, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

Spouse or Child of Veteran
If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member's Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to you. For example, if you are the spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the paygrades of E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or the occupational license and credentials necessary for a portable career.

For more detailed information about Veteran Educational Benefits, residency requirements and other Veteran programs at CU Boulder, contact Veteran Services at 303-492-7322,, or stop by the Center for Community, Room S482.

Financial Aid

All students are required to apply for financial aid - grants, loans, work-study, and some scholarships - by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Learn more about:

TIP: Scholarships covering tuition and fees may impact your VA benefits. If receiving a scholarship, contact a scholarship counselor or stop by our office.