Tell us a little about yourself and provide details about your question so we can respond as soon as possible.

Tips Before You Submit
Based on your choices above, see if we've already answered your question:

If you are interested in the status of your financial aid application or aid status, view our timeline. If you believe you have completed all of the necessary steps to receive an aid esimate or offer, you can log in to your portal to view your aid. If you have recently submitted a document via our online upload tool, please give us a couple of days to process. We receive many documents daily and may not be able to confirm what we've received by phone.

Holds & To Do Items are listed in Buff Portal and are very important to complete in a timely manner. If you recently submitted a form or document via our secure document upload, please provide us a couple days to process it. The status of your document will appear in your portal. If you have a question about a particular to do item, please make sure to mention that in your question.

Learn how student aid and parent loans pay toward your university bill, when aid is applied and how you receive refunds on our Aid & the Bill webpage. If you haven't already, we encourage you to authorize your aid to pay for all university charges.

We have video and written instructions on how to use IRS Data Retrieval. We encourage you to use data retrieval if available to you, as it's the fastest way to provide your tax information. This page also provides helpful tips for those who cannot use data retrieval.

To complete a Loan Agreement (also referred to as Master Promissory Note or MPN) or Entrance Counseling, visit MPNs and Entrance Counseling is mandated and supported by the federal government, so we may be limited in our ability to help you beyond pointing you to their resources.

Complete Scholarship's email form with scholarship-specific questions or view our Scholarships website to find, apply, report and receive scholarships.

Complete Student Employment's email form with specific questions or visit our Student Employment Website for information on student jobs, work-study, job resources, and more.

Grants are typically given to low-income students and can be a combination of federal, state and university funding. Eligibility for grand aid is based on the FAFSA application and when you applied (as it is first-come, first-served). Visit our grants web page for more information.

Loans are available for undergraduate and graduate students. Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans are need-based (i.e. provided for low-income families based on the FAFSA application).

The Federal Parent PLUS Loan may be available to parents of dependent students. Whether or not the loan appears on the financial aid award, parents can apply for the loan by following the instructions on our website.

Private student loans (also called alternative loans) should only be considered after first applying for federal student aid, as federal loans usually have more favorable terms. Private loans are offered by private lenders and eligibility depends on a credit score.

Eligibility for financial aid is based on a prior tax year, which may not be indicative of the family's continuing ability to pay for educational expenses. The Office of Financial Aid is able to evaluate special circumstances on a case-by-case basis with adequate documentation. See step-by-step instructions on our unusual circumstances webpage.

In order to receive financial aid, students must comply with the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy. This policy requires students to maintain a certain GPA and complete a set percentage of the courses attempted. For more information about the policy, including specific requirements and the appeal process, visit our SAP web page.

Official withdrawals from the university are processed through the Registrar's office; however, your financial aid may be impacted as well. How to Withdraw will provide details about procedures, deadlines, and explain how to appeal for a tuition refund. Financial Aid Withdrawal Policy will explain the financial aid impacts.

Students eligible under the Colorado ASSET Bill may apply for financial aid by completing the ASSET Aid Application (CASFA) and listing CU Boulder's school code (001370). See details on types of aid available to ASSET students and how to apply.

Financial eligibility for the different education abroad (study abroad) programs varies, so please review our Education Abroad website to ensure that your plans are financially feasible.

Financial aid may be available to students who are interested in attending summer school. Work-study is also available for students with or without summer enrollment. Our summer school web page includes instructions on how to receive aid for summer.

Tuition and fees can be paid over the course of each semester by enrolling in optional payment plans through the Office of the Bursar.