CU Boulder students may enroll in Continuing Education (CE) courses to prepare for a degree program, to supplement their current course load, or to take courses with more flexibility such as self-paced or online courses. Here is some helpful information about how your financial aid can pay for these types of courses.
- Students taking preparatory courses are considered nondegree students and federal loans may be available on a limited basis.
- Students who are enrolled solely in CE courses will have their financial aid budget adjusted to reflect the CE tuition and fees.
- Federal financial aid is not available for certificate or professional development programs. Private loans may be available depending on the lender requirements.
- Courses must be required for your degree program to be eligible for financial aid.
- Self-paced courses may be eligible to be paid with financial aid funds.