Graduate - Research-Based (MS/PhD)

Any student currently enrolled in a graduate degree program offered by the College of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Colorado Boulder may apply for concurrent enrollment in the Graduate Certificate in Global Engineering

Prospective graduate students interested in completing a traditional research-based MS or PhD program within Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering (CEAE) along with a Graduate Certificate in Global Engineering should select their degree program (Civil, Environmental, or Architectural Engineering; MS or PHD) and must clearly note their interest in completing the Global Engineering graduate certificate coursework within their statement of purpose. Research opportunities in Global Engineering topics may be limited and, therefore, individual groups may have additional requirements for Global Engineering track admission or degree completion. The CEAE Department offers three separate degrees:  Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and Architectural Engineering. Details about the Civil and Architectural MS and PhD degree programs are available here.  Details about the MS and PhD degree programs in Environmental Engineering are available here. Please refer to the website that describes each of the particular focus areas for details. It is up to the student's academic advisor to determine which, if any, of the Graduate Certificate in Global Engineering courses will count towards the student's degree program.