Our practicum placements have taken place in over 50 countries, partnering with over 80 country programs. Explore the interactive map below and see all our practicum partnerships.
Real World Experience
- Put classroom knowledge into practice in a community in need.
- Work within a government or non-government organization, a consulting firm or in the private sector. The Mortenson Center has cultivated relationsips with a breadth of organizations. (See some of our partners above and below.)
- The typical practicum placement is two to three months over the summer after your first academic year.
- You are matched with a practicum agency according to your topic of interest including water, sanitation, public health, humanitarian, biomedical, structural, research-focused and more.
- Most placements are international.
- Practicums are funded, in part, by the Mortenson Center.