Poleacovschi, C., Javernick-Will, A., Wang, S., & Tong, T. (2021). Gendered knowledge accessibility: Evaluating the role of gender in knowledge seeking among engineers in the US. Journal of Management in Engineering, 37(1) doi:10.1061/(ASCE)ME.1943-5479.0000865
Iribagiza, C., Sharpe, T., Wilson D., Thomas, E. "User-centered design of an air quality feedback technology to promote adoption of clean cookstoves." Journal of Exposure Science & Environmental Epidemiology, 1-12. 2020.
Rasheed, R., Thomas, E., Gardner, P., Rogers, T., Verduzco, R., et al. "Omni-Gravity Nanophotonic Heating and Leidenfrost-Driven Water Recovery System." Gravitational and Space Research, 8 (1), 31-44. 2020.
Thomas, E., Jordan, E., Linden, K., Mogesse B., Hailu, T., Jirma, H., Thomson, P., et al. "Reducing drought emergencies in the Horn of Africa." Science of The Total Environment, 138772. 2020.
Turman-Bryant, N., Sharpe, T., Nagel, C., Stover, L., Thomas, E. "Toilet Alarms: A Novel Application of Latrine Sensors and Machine Learning for Optimizing Sanitation Services in Informal Settlements." Journal of Development Engineering. 2020.
Bedell, E., Sharpe, T., Purvis, T., Brown, J., Thomas, E., "Demonstration of Tryptophan-Like Fluorescence Sensor Concepts for Fecal Exposure Detection in Drinking Water in Remote and Resource Constrained Settings." Sustainability, 12 (9), 3768. 2020.
Chan, P., Dossick, C., Hacker, M., Harmann, T., Javernick-Will, A., Mahalingam, A., Zerjav, V. (2020). Journal Reviews and Revisions: Advice from an Early Career Panel Discussion. Engineering Project Organizations Journal. Vol 9.
Valcourt, N., Javernick-Will, A., Walters, J., Linden, K. (2020). “Systems Approaches to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene: A Systematic Literature Review”. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 10.3390/ijerph17030702
Arneson, E., Javernick-Will, A., Hallowell, M., Corotis, R. (2020). “Predicting Post-Disaster Residential Housing Reconstruction Based on Market Resources”. Natural Hazards Review. 21(1):0419010.
Chinowsky, P., and Javernick-Will, A. (2020). “High Value Collaborative Networks” Construction Management and Economics. 10.1080/01446193.2019.1607513
Davis, A., Javernick-Will, A., and Cook, S. (2019). “Analyzing Sanitation Sustainability Assessment Frameworks for Resource-Limited Communities”. Environmental Science and Technology. 10.1021/acs.est.9b03134
Poleacovschi, C. and Javernick-Will, A. (2019) “The importance of expertise visibility for individual performance.” Engineering Management Journal. 10.1080/10429247.2019.1661718.
Opdyke, A., Javernick-Will, A., and Koschmann, M. (2019). “Assessing the Impact of Household Participation on Satisfaction and Safe Design in Humanitarian Shelter Projects.” Disasters. https://doi.org/10.1111/disa.12405
Olaerts, L., Walters, J., Linden, K., Javernick-Will, A., and Harvey, A. (2019). “Factors Influencing Revenue Collection for Preventive Maintenance of Community Water Systems: A Fuzzy Set Qualitative Comparative Analysis”. Sustainability 11, 3726; doi:10.3390/su11133726
Sitterley, K., Rosenblum, J., Ruyle, B., Keliher, R., Linden, K. "Factors impacting electrocoagulation treatment of hydraulic fracturing fluids and removal of common fluid additives and scaling ions." Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 8 (3), 103728. 2020.
Sitterley, K., Linden, K., Ferrer, I., Thurman, E. "Desalting and Concentration of Common Hydraulic Fracturing Fluid Additives and their Metabolites with Solid-Phase Extraction." Journal of Chromatography A, 461094. 2020.
Ulliman, S., Korak, J., Linden, K., Rosario-Ortiz, F. "Methodology for selection of optical parameters as wastewater effluent organic matter surrogates." Water Research 170, 115321. 2020.
Pochiraju, S., Linden, K., Gu, A., Rosenblum, J. "Development of a separation framework for effects-based targeted and non-targeted toxicological screening of water and wastewater." Water Research 170, 115289. 2020.
Pugel, K., Javernick-Will, A., Koschmann, M., Peabody, S., Linden, K. "Adapting Collaborative Approaches for Service Provision to Low-income Countries: Expert Panel Results." Sustainability 12 (7), 2612. 2020.
Valcourt, N., Walters, J., Javernick-Will, A., Linden, K., Hailegiorgis, B. "Understanding rural water services as a complex system: an assessment of key factors as potential leverage points for improved service sustainability." Sustainability 12 (3), 1243. 2020.
Valcourt, N., Javernick-Will, A., Walters, J., Linden, K. "System Approaches to Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene: A Systematic Literature Review." International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 17 (3), 702. 2020.
Thomas, E., "Toward a New Field of Global Engineering," Sustainability. 2019, 11, 3789.
Thomas, E., Needoba, J., Kaberia, D., Butterworth, J., Adams, E., Oduor, P., Macharia, D., Mitheu, F., Mugo, R., Nagel, C. "Quantifying increased groundwater demand from prolonged drought in the East African Rift Valley," Science of the Total Environment v. 666, p 1265-1272.
Turman-Bryant, N., Nagel, C., Stover, L., Muragijimana, C., Thomas, E. "Improved Drought Resilience Through Continuous Water Service Monitoring and Specialized Institutions—A Longitudinal Analysis of Water Service Delivery Across Motorized Boreholes in Northern Kenya," Sustainability. 11(11), https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/11/11/3046/htm. 2019
Martinsen, A., Hulland, E., Phillips, R., Darius, J., Felker-Kantor E., Simpson, D., Stephens, M., Thomas, E., Quick, R., Handzel, T., " Alternative Water Transport and Storage Containers: Assessing Sustained Use of the PackH2O in Rural Haiti", American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4269/ajtmh.18-0228. 2019.
Andres, L., Borja-Vega, C., Thomas, E., 2018 “Using On-site and Remote Sensing Technologies to Monitor Water and Sanitation Use and Interventions,” Water
- Anderson, D., Thomas, E., Clasen, T., 2018 “Quantifying averted disability adjusted life years as a performance indicator for water quality interventions: A review of current methodologies and challenges,” Water
- Turman-Bryant, N., Fankhauser, K., Clasen, T., Thomas, E., 2018 “Measuring Progress Toward Sanitation and Hygiene Targets,” Waterlines
- Barstow, C., Kirby, M., Clasen, T., Thomas, E., 2018 “Health, livelihood, and environmental impacts of the distribution of a carbon-credit-financed, large-scale water filter and improved cookstove programme in Rwanda,” Case Report, Lancet Planetary Health, DOI: 10.1016/S2542-5196(18)30116-5
- Opdyke, A., Javernick-Will, A., Koschmann, M. 2018. "Household construction knowledge acquisition in post-disaster shelter training," International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 28:131-139. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2018.02.038
- Jorquera H., Barraza F., Heyer J., Valdivia G., Schiacappase L.N., & Montoya L. D. 2018.“Indoor PM2.5 in an urban zone with heavy wood smoke pollution: the case of Temuco, Chile,” Environmental Pollution, 236C: 477-487. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2018.01.085
- Li, N., Champion, W. M., Imam, J., Sidhu, D., Salazar, J. R., Majesetic, B. J., & Montoya, L. D. 2018. "Evaluation of cellular effects of fine particulate matter from combustion of solid fuels used for indoor heating on the Navajo Nation using a stratified oxidative stress response model." Atmospheric Environment, 182, 87-96. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2018.03.031
- Wilson, D., Coyle, J., Thomas, E., 2017 “Ensemble Machine Learning and Forecasting Can Achieve 99% Uptime for Rural Handpumps,” PloS ONE, http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0188808
- Kirby, M., Nagel, C., Rosa, G., Umupfasoni M., Iyakareyme, L., Thomas, E., Clasen, T., 2017 “Use, microbiological effectiveness and health impact of a household water filter intervention in rural Rwanda—A matched cohort study,” International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health
- Delea, M., Nagel, C., Thomas E., Halder, A., Amin, N., Shoab, A., Freeman, M., Unicomb, L., Clasen, T., 2017 “Comparison of respondent-reported and sensor-recorded latrine utilization measures in rural Bangladesh: a cross-sectional study,” Transactions of The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Bedell, E., Leslie, M., Fankhauser, K., Burnett, J., Wing, M., Thomas, E., 2017 “Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Based Structure from Motion Biomass Inventory Estimates." Journal of Applied Remote Sensing 11(2)
- Thomas, E., Beyond Broken Pumps and Promises: Rethinking Intent and Impact in Environmental Health, Journal of Energy Research and Social Science, v25 pp 33-36, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.erss.2016.12.006.
- Snoad, C., Nagel, C., Bhattacharya, A., Thomas, E. “The effectiveness of sanitary inspections as a risk assessment tool for faecal contamination of rural drinking water: A review of data from West Bengal India,” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, doi: 10.4269/ajtmh.16-0322, 2017.
- Champion, W. M., Charley, P. H., Stewart, K., Klein, B., Soloman, P. A., & Montoya, L. D. 2017. "Perception, culture, and science: A framework to identify in-home heating options to improve indoor air quality in the Navajo Nation," Science of the Total Environment, 580:297-306. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2016.11.053
- Joruera, H., Barraza, F., Heyer, J., Validvia, G., Schiappacasse, L. N., & Montoya, L. D. 2018. "Indoor PM2.5 in an urban zone with heavy wood smoke pollution: The case of Temuco, Chile." Environmental Pollution, 236, 477-487. doi 10.1016/j.envpol.2018.01.085
- Mickelson, A. & Tsvankin, D. 2017. FEW Water Quality Monitoring for Coupled Systems, Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy, article ID12789, DOI: 10.1002/ep.12789.
- Hacker, M. E., & Kaminsky, J. A.. 2017. "Cultural preferences for the methods and motivation of sanitation infrastructure development." Journal of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Development, 07.3, 407-415. doi: 10.2166/washdev.2017.188
- Opdyke, A., Javernick-Will, A., Koschmann, M. 2017. Infrastructure hazard resilience trends: an analysis of 25 years of research. Natural Hazards, 87(2), 773-789.
- Koschmann, M., Kopczynski, J., Opdyke, A., & Javernick-Will, A. 2017. “Constructing Authority in Disaster Relief Coordination.” Electronic Journal of Communication, 27 (3&4).
- Wyatt M. Champion, Lea Connors, & Lupita Montoya. 2017. "Emission factors of fine particulate matter, organic and elemental carbon, carbon monoxide, and carbon dioxide for four solid fuels commonly used in residential heating by the Navajo Nation." Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, (online first edition 5/25/2017), DOI: 10.1080/10962247.2017.1334717
- Clasen, T., Zambrano, L., Rosa, G., Kirby, M., Barstow, C., Thomas, E., Nagel, C., 2016 “Study design of a cluster-randomized controlled trial to evaluate a large-scale distribution of cook stoves and water filters in Western Province, Rwanda,” Contemporary Clinical Trials, (4) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conctc.2016.07.003,
- Thomas, E., Tellez-Sanchez, S., Wick, C., Kirby, M., Zambrano, L., Rosa, G., Clasen, T., Nagel, C., 2016 "Behavioral Reactivity Associated with Electronic Monitoring of Environmental Health Interventions - A Cluster Randomized Trial with Water Filters and Cookstoves," Environmental Science and Technology, DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.6b00161
- Barstow, C., Nagel, C., Clasen, T., Thomas, E., 2016 “Process Evaluation and Assessment of Use of a Large Scale Water Filter and Cookstove Program in Rwanda,” BMC Public Health BMC Public Health 16:584 DOI 10.1186/s12889-016-3237-0
- Bohnert, K., Chard, A., Mwaki, A., Kirby, A., Muga, R., Nagel, C., Thomas, E., Freeman, M., 2016 "Comparing Sanitation Delivery Modalities in Urban Informal Settlement Schools: A Randomized Trial in Nairobi, Kenya", International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 13(12), 1189; doi:10.3390/ijerph13121189,
- Sinha, A., Nagel, C., Thomas, E., Schmidt, W., Torondel, B., Boisson, S., Clasen, T., 2016 “Assessing Latrine Use in Rural India: A Cross-Sectional Study Comparing Reported Use and Passive Latrine Use Monitors,” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 95(3), doi:10.4269/ajtmh.16-0102. 2016.
- Barraza F., Jorquera H., Heyer J., Palma W., Edwards A.M., Muñoz M., Valdivia G., & Montoya L. D. 2016. “Short-term dynamics of indoor and outdoor endotoxin exposure: Case of Santiago, Chile, 2012,” Environment International, 92-93:97-105. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envint.2016.03.039
- Jordan, E., Javernick-Will, A., & Tierney, K. 2016. "Post-tsunami recovery in Tamil Nadu, India: Combined social and infrastructural outcomes." Natural Hazards, 84(2). DOI: 10.1007/s11069-016-2489-4
- Opdyke, A., Leprore, F., Javernick-Will, A., & Koschmann, M. 2016. "Inter-Organizational Resource Coordination in Post-Disaster Infrastructure Recovery." Construction Management and Economics. Advance Online Publication. DOI: 10.1080/01446193.2016.1247973
- Zerio, A., Opdyke, A., and Javernick-Will, A. 2016. "Characterizing post-disaster reconstruction training methods and learning styles." Engineering Project Organization Journal. DOI: 10.1080/21573727.2016.1257484 (Link)
- Litchfield, K., Javernick-Will, A. & Maul, A. 2016. "Technical and professional skills of engineers involved and not involved in engineering service." Journal of Engineering Education, 105: 70–92. DOI: 10.1002/jee.20109. (Link)
- Litchfield, K. & Javernick-Will, A. 2016. "Socially engaged engineers’ career interests and experiences: A miner’s canary." Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)EI.1943-5541.0000303.
- Nagel, C., Beach, J., Iribagiza, C., Thomas, E., 2015 “Evaluating Cellular Instrumentation on Rural Handpumps to Improve Service Delivery – A Longitudinal Cohort Study in Rural Rwanda,” Environmental Science and Technology (49) 24 DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.5b04077,
- Kipf, A., Brunette, W., Kellerstrass, J., Podolsky, M., Rosa, J., Sundt, M., Wilson, D., Borriello, G., Brewer, E., Thomas, E., 2015 “A Proposed Integrated Data Collection, Analysis and Sharing Platform for Global Development,” Journal of Development Engineering, doi:10.1016/j.deveng.2015.12.002
- O’Reilly, K., Louis, E., Thomas, E., Sinha, A., 2015 “Combining Remote Monitoring and Ethnography to Estimate Household Latrine Usage in Rural India,” Journal of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Development, (5), 3, doi: 10.2166/washdev.2015.155
- Litchfield, K. and Javernick-Will, A. 2015. " 'I am and Engineer AND': A mixed-methods study of socially engaged engineers." Journal of Engineering Education, 104: 393-416. DOI: 10.1002/jee.20102. (Link)
- Walters, J. and Javernick-Will, A. 2015. "Management of rural water services in Nicaragua: A systemic network approach to evaluating stakeholder alignment." International Journal of Sustainable Development and World Ecology. 22:4, 358-367. DOI: 10.1080/12504509.2015.1053999 (Link)
- Morgan, B., Hansgen, R., Hawthorne, W. & Miller, S. L. 2015. "Industrial odor sources and air pollutant concentrations in Globeville, a Denver Colorado neighborhood," Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, DOI:10.1080/10962247.2015.1064833. (Link)
- Jordan, E., Javernick-Will, A. & Amadei, B. 2015. "Post-disaster reconstruction: lessons from Nagapattinam district, India," Development in Practice, 25:4, 518-534, DOI: 10.1080/09614524.2015.1028334. (Link)
- Sandekian, R. E., Chinowsky, P., & Amadei, B. 2015. "Engineering for Developing Communities at the University of Colorado Boulder: A ten year retrospective," Special Issue of International Journal for Service Learning in Engineering, Humanitarian Engineering and Social Entrepreneurship, 62-77. (Link)
- Barstow, C., Ngabo, F., Rosa, G., Majorin, F., Boisson, S., Clasen, T., Thomas, E., 2014“Designing and Piloting a Large-Scale Project to Provide Water Filters and Improved Cookstoves in Rwanda,” PLoS One
- Escobedo, L. E., Champion, W., Li, N., & Montoya L.D. 2014. “Indoor air quality in Latino homes in Boulder, Colorado,” Atmospheric Environment, 92:69-75. (Link)
- Barrazza, F., Montoya L.D., Jorquera, H. 2014. “Indoor PM2.5 in Santiago, Chile, Spring 2012: Source apportionment and indoor/outdoor relationship,” Atmospheric Environment, 94:692-700. (Link)
- Ward, B.J., Yacob T.W., & Montoya L.D. 2014. “Evaluation of solid fuel char briquettes from human waste,” Environmental Science and Technology, (16), pp 9852–9858, DOI: 10.1021/es500197h. (Link)
- Litchfield, K., and Amy Javernick-Will. 2014. "Investigating gains from EWB-USA involvement.” Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, 140(1). (Link)
- Chatterley, C., Javernick-Will, A., Linden, K., Alam, K., Bottinelli, L., and M. Venkatesh. 2014. “A qualitative comparative analysis of well-managed school sanitation in Bangladesh.” BMC Public Health 14(6): 1-16. (Link)
- Barstow, C.K., Dotson, A.D., Linden, K.G. 2014. “Assessing point of use ultraviolet disinfection for safe water in urban developing communities,” IWA Journal of Water and Health, 12(4):663-669. (Link)
- Rosa, G., Majorin, F., Boisson, S., Barstow, C., Johnson, M., Kirby, M., Ngabo, F., Binagwaho, A., Thomas, E., Clasen, T., “Assessing the Impact of Water Filters and Improved Cookstoves on Drinking Water Quality and Household Air Pollution: A Randomised Controlled Trial in Rwanda,” PLoS One, 2014. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0091011
- Thomas, E., Mattson, K., Fall 2013 Counting Heads. ASME Global Development Review.
- Chinowsky, Paul S., Schweikert, Amy E., Strzepek, Niko L., and Kenneth Strzepek. 2013. "Infrastructure and climate change: Impacts and adaptations for the Zambezi River Valley," WIDER Working Paper, No. 2013/041, ISBN 978-92-9230-618-2 (Link)
- Thomas, E., Barstow, C., Rosa, G., Majorin, F., Clasen, T., “Use of Remotely Reporting Electronic Sensors for Assessing Use of Water Filters and Cookstoves in Rwanda,” Environmental Science and Technology, 2013. DOI: 10.1021/es403412x.
- Chatterley, C., Linden, K.G., and Amy Javernick-Will. 2013. “Identifying drivers of sustainable school sanitation in Belize,” Journal of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Development 3(3):441-422.(Link)
- Thomas, E., Zumr, Z., Barstow, C., Fleming, M., Spiller, K.,Aug 2, 2013 Remotely accessible and reconfigurable in-situ instrumentation to improve monitoring of global development interventions, Sustainability
- Kaminsky, J. and Amy Javernick-Will. 2013. “Contested factors for sustainability: The construction and management of onsite wastewater treatment systems.” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 139(12). (Link)
- Jordan, E., and Amy Javernick-Will. 2013. “Indicators of community recovery: A cContent analysis and Delphi approach.” Natural Hazards Review 14(1): 21-28. (Link)
- Mintz, K., Talesnick, M., Amadei, B., and Tal, T. 2013. "Integrating sustainable development into a service-learning engineering course." J. Prof. Issues Eng. Educ. Pract., 10.1061/(ASCE). DOI:1943-5541.0000169, 05013001. Case Studies (Link)
- Chinowsky, P., Schweikert, A., Strzepek, N., Manahan, K., Strzepek, K., & Schlosser, C. A. 2013. "Climate change adaptation advantage for African road infrastructure." Climatic Change,117(1-2), 345-361.
- Chinowsky, P. S., Price, J. C., & Neumann, J. E. 2013. "Assessment of climate change adaptation costs for the US road network." Global Environmental Change, 23(4), 764-773.
- Thomas, E., Measuring Sustainability, Solutions Journal, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp. 41-44, 2012
- Arndt, C., Chinowsky, P., Strzepek, K., & Thurlow, J. 2012. "Climate change, growth and infrastructure investment: the case of Mozambique." Review of Development Economics,16(3), 463-475.(Link)
- Chinowsky, P. S., Schweikert, A. E., Strzepek, N. L., Strzepek, K. R., & Kwiatkowski, K. P. (2012). Infrastructure and climate change: Impacts and adaptations for South Africa (No. 2012/105). WIDER Working Paper.(Link)
- Chinowsky, P. S., Schweikert, A. E., Strzepek, N. L., & Strzepek, K. 2012. "Road infrastructure and climate change in Vietnam." (No. 2012/80). WIDER Working Paper. (Link)
- Thomas, E., Weislogel, M., Klaus, D., 2010 Design Strategies for Sustainable Spacecraft Fluid Management Systems, Advances in Space Research, 46, p. 761-767, doi: 10.1016/j.asr.2010.04.005
- Thomas, E., Amadei, B., 2010 Accounting for Human Behavior, Local Conditions and Organizational Constraints in Humanitarian Development Models, Journal of Environment, Development and Sustainability, DOI 10.107/s10668-009-9196-1,V, 12(3), p. 313-327
- Chatterley, C.J. and Linden K.G. 2010. “Demonstration and evaluation of germicidal UV-LEDs for point-of-use water disinfection.” Journal of Water and Health, 8(3), pp 479 – 486. (Link)
- Amadei, B., Sandekian, R. and Thomas, E. 2009. "A model for sustainable humanitarian engineering projects," Sustainability, 2009, 1, pp. 1087-1105. (Link)
- Thomas, E., Klaus, D., 2009 Developing Sustainable Spacecraft Water Management Systems, 2009-2010 Decadal Survey on Biological and Physical Sciences in Space, National Research Council of The National Academies
- Amadei, B. and Wallace, W.A. 2009. “Engineering for humanitarian development: A socio-technical Approach,” IEEE Technology and Society Magazine, 28(4). (Link)
- Amadei, B. and Sandekian, R.. 2009. “A Model of Integrating Humanitarian Development into Engineering Education,” ASCE Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice. (Link)
- Thomas, E., Poritz, D., Muirhead, D., 2009 Urine Advancing Contact Angle on Several Surfaces, Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, 2009. V. 23 p. 1917-1923.
- Thomas, E. and Amadei, B. 2009. “Accounting for human behavior, local conditions and organizational constraints in humanitarian development models,” Journal of Environment, Development, and Sustainability. (Link)
- Thomas, E., Muirhead, D., 2009 Impact of Wastewater Fouling on Contact Angle, Journal of Biofouling, V. 25. N. 5. Pp. 445-454
- Weislogel, M., Thomas, E., Graf, J., A Novel Device Addressing Design Challenges for Passive Fluid Phase Separations Aboard Spacecraft Microgravity Science and Technology, 2009. 21(3) p. 257-268.
- Gold, M., Thomas, E., Byyny, R., Habanabakize, J., 2007 Development and Implementation of the Bring Your Own Water Treatment System in Dense, Rural, and Mountainous Rwandan Communities, Journal of Engineering for Sustainable Development, V2.N1
- Amadei, B. 2004. "Engineering for the Developing World,” The Bridge, pp. 24-31. (Link)
- Kenyon, W., Bennett Miller, B., Mickelson, A. & Wessner, D. (2017). ``Communication Networking for Education in the Western Highlands of Papua New Guinea'', Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), 2017 IEEE, San Jose (October 19 - 22).
- Alan Mickelson, A., Kenyon, R. W., Miller, B., Fiehn, H. U. B., Hinkle, M., Bollen, N. and Dizon, C. (2017). ``University at Colorado at Boulder WiLDNet and White Space Testbed'', Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), 2017 IEEE, San Jose (October 19 - 22).
- Heinz Boehmer, H, Hinkle, M, Kenyon, R. W. & Mickelson, A. (2017). ``Management of Distributed Electrical Storage in Wide Area Communication Systems'', The Fifteenth IEEE International Conference on Smart City, IEEE SmartCity 2017, Bangkok, Thailand (December 18 - 20)
- Arturo Freydig Avila, A., Kenyon, R. W., & Mickelson, A. (2017). ``Green Energy Distribution in Haiti'', Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), 2017 IEEE, San Jose (October 19 - 22).
- Mickelson, A. & Tsvankin, D. "Water Quality Sensors for Smart Cities'', International Conference on Smart Digital Environment (ICSDE2017) Rabat, Morocco, July 21 - 23, 2017 (Invited) (Link)
- Zelinka, D. and Amadei, B. 2017. "A Methodology to Model the Integrated Nature of the Sustainable Development Goals: Importance for Engineering Education." Proc. American Society of Engineering Education Conference, Columbus, OH, Jun 25-28. Thinking Globally, Acting Locally session.
- Giovannelli, L. and Sandekian, R. 2017. "Global Engineering: What Do We Mean by It and How Are We preparing Our Students for It?" Proc. American Society of Engineering Education Conference, Columbus, OH, Jun 25-28. Liberal Education/Engineering & Society Division. Paper 2017-20023.
- Beitemal, W.H., Molenaar, K.R., Javernick-Will, A. , and Smadi, O. 2017. "Strategies to Enhance Implementation of Infrastructure Asset Management in Developing Countries." Transportation Research Board 96th Annual Meeting.
- Mickelson, A. and "The balsapuerto network: A case study in jungle Internet"
- Ritter, C., Cottingham, M., Leventhal, J., and Mickelson, A. 2014. "Remote Delay Tolerant Water Quality Monitoring." Proceedings of the IEEE Global Humanitarian Engineering Conference, San Jose, CA, Oct. 10-13. (Link)
- Foss, C., Leventhal, J., and Mickelson, A. 2014. "Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery Units as Supplemental Energy in Haiti." Proceedings of the IEEE Global Humanitarian Engineering Conference, San Jose, CA, Oct. 10-13. (Link)
- Opdyke, A. and Javernick-Will, A. 2014. "Building Coordination Capacity: Post-Disaster Organizational Twitter Networks." Proceedings of the IEEE Global Humanitarian Engineering Conference, San Jose, CA, Oct. 10-13. (Link)
- Bauer, A. M. and Brown, A. 2014. Procedia Engineering, 78, Humanitarian Technology: Science, Systems and Global Impact 2014, HumTech2014. 345-358.
- Brown, A., Teipel, E., Litchfield, K., and Gilmore, L. 2013. "Sustainable Community Development: Westwood Solar Furnace Project." Proceedings of the IEEE Global Humanitarian Engineering Conference, San Jose, CA, Oct. 20-23, 2013. (Link)
- Schweikert, A. and Chinowsky, P. 2013. "Re-Defining 'Project Impact': Incorporating Social Considerations Into The Rural Road Prioritization Process." Working Paper Series, Proceedings of the Engineering Project Organization Conference, Winter Park, CO, July 9-11, 2013.(Link)
- Litchfield, K., and Javernick-Will, A. 2013. "Exploring Motivations For Engineers Without Borders - USA." Working Paper Series, Proceedings of the Engineering Project Organization Conference, Winter Park, CO, July 9-11, 2013.(Link)
- Kaminsky, J., and Javernick-Will, A. 2013. "Sanitation System Legitimacy In Bangladesh." Working Paper Series, Proceedings of the Engineering Project Organization Conference, Winter Park, CO, July 9-11, 2013. (Link)
- Jordan, E. and Javernick-Will, A. 2013. "Pathways To Community Recovery Following The 2004 Tsunami In Tamil Nadu, India." Working Paper Series, Proceedings of the Engineering Project Organization Conference, Winter Park, CO, July 9-11, 2013. (Link)
- Montoya, L., Sandekian, R., and Knight, D. 2013. "Integrating Engineering for Developing Communities into Engineering Education: A Case Study." American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Conference and Exposition. (Paper 2013-8217). Environmental Engineering Division. Atlanta, GA. June 23-26. (Link)
- Jordan, E. and Javernick-Will, A. 2012. "Measuring community resilience and recovery: A content analysis of indicators." ASCE Construction Research Congress 2012. Paper 2190. (Link)
- Jordan, E., Javernick-Will, A., and Amadei, B. 2011. "Pathways to communicate recovery and resilience." Working Paper Series, Proceedings of the Engineering Project Organization Conference, Estes Park, CO. August 9-11. (PDF)
- Bielefeldt, A.R. 2011. “Sustainability Ethics among First-Year Civil and Environmental Engineering Students.” American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Conference and Exposition. (Paper 2011-1362). Ethics Division. Vancouver, BC, Canada. June 26-29.
- Dvorak, B., A.R. Bielefeldt, and C. Just. 2011. “Workshop: Service learning projects and sustainability.” Association for Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP) Conference: Global Sustainability and Environmental Engineering & Science. University of South Florida, Tampa, FL. July 10-12.
- Stewart, M.W., A. Bielefeldt, E. Mansfield, R.S. Summers, and J.N. Ryan. 2010. Effects of water quality parameters on the release of silver nanoparticles from a ceramic surface using a quartz crystal microbalance. AWWA Water Quality Technology Conference (WQTC). Savannah, GA. Nov. 14-17.
- Panacewicz, L.P., A. Bielefeldt, C. Schulz, R.S. Summers, and T. Relph. 2010. "Enhanced Ceramic Water Filtration System for Contaminant Removal for Households in Developing Countries". AWWA Water Quality Technology Conference (WQTC). Savannah, GA. Nov. 14-17.
- Chinowsky, P., Hayles, C., Schweikert, A., and Strzepek, N. 2010. "Climate change as disaster: Comparative impact on developing and developed countries." Engineering Project Organizations Conference. South Lake Tahoe, CA. Nov. 4-7. (PDF)
- Amadei, B. and Sandekian, R. 2010. "Guiding principles for sustainable humanitarian engineering projects." National Collegiate Inventors and Innovations Alliance (NCIIA) Conference. San Francisco, CA. March 25-27. (PDF)
- Chavero, R., Kuhlmann, M., Sandekian, R., Amadei, B., and M. Vidalon. 2009. "Telemedicine and educational services for developing communities with wireless technology," Human-Centered Computing in International Development Conference, Boston, MA. (PDF)
- Angela Bielefeldt, Bernard Amadei, and Robyn Sandekian. 2007. "Engineering for the Developing World Class Gives Students International Experience," Proc. American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition, Paper 2007-799, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Sandekian R., Amadei, B., Summers R.S., and Bielefeldt, A. 2007. "Engineering for Poverty Reduction: Challenges and Opportunities," Proc. Fifth Latin American and Caribbean Conference for Engineering and Technology, Tampico, Mexico.
- Bielefeldt, A., Amadei, B. and R.S. Summers. (2005). "Incorporating Earth Systems Engineering Concepts throughout the Civil Engineering Degree to create the Engineer of the 21st Century,” Proc. ASEE Conference, Portland, Paper 892.
- Pinnell, M., Summers, R. S., Sandekian, R., Bielefeldt, A., Shah, J., Amadei, B., Moeller, W. (2005). "Creating an Engineering for Developing Communities (EDC) Emphasis in Environmental Engineering”, Proc. ASEE Conference, Portland, Paper 893, 2005. (Link)
- Sandekian, R., Amadei, B. and Pinnell, M. (2005). “A Summary of the Workshop on Integrating Appropriate-Sustainable Technology and Service-Learning in Engineering Education,” Proc. ASEE Conference, Portland, Paper 1112.
- Thomas, E. 2020. The Global Engineers - Building a Safe and Equitable World Together. Springer.
- Jorquera, H., Montoya, L. D., and Rojas, N. 2018. Urban Air Pollution, in Urban Climate in Latin American Cities, edited by Cristian Henriquez and Hugo Romero, in press, Springer Nature.
- Mickelson, A. & Tsvankin, D. 2017. "Information Systems for Real-Time Water Quality Monitoring," in "Encyclopedia of Sustainable Technology" Ed. M. A. Abraham. Elsevier, pages 105-114.
- Opdyke, A., Dalgado, D., and Maynard, V. (2017). “Typhoon Haiyan Overview.” Shelter Projects 2015-2016, A. Piccioli, J. Ashmore, K. Kosareff, and J. Mamo, eds., International Organization for Migration (IOM), 32-35. ISBN: 978-92-9068-736-8. (Link)
- Amadei, B. A. 2015. A Systems Approach to Community Development Projects, Momentum Press.
- Jordan, E. and Amy Javernick-Will. 2015. "Pathways to Livelihood Recovery: A Study of Tsunami-affected Communities in Tamil Nadu, India," in Michele Companion, ed. forthcoming 2015. Disasters' Impact on Livelihood and Cultural Survival: Losses, Opportunities, and Mitigation. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press. Chapter 13.
- Amadei, B. A. 2014. Engineering in Sustainable Human Development. ASCE Press. ISBN: 978-0-7844-1353-1
- Bielefeldt, A.R. 2011. Chapter 2 - Appropriate and Sustainable Water Disinfection Methods for Developing Communities. Water Disinfection. K.M. Buchanan, Ed. Nova Publishers. Pp. 45-75. ISBN: 978-1-61122-021-6.
- Palagi, S. and Javernick-Will, A. (2018). "Post-Disaster Permanent Relocation: Case Studies in Tacloban, Philippines." Mortenson Center in Engineering for Developing Communities, University of Colorado Boulder
- Shimabuku, Kyle. Biochar sorbents for the control of organic contaminants in stormwater: understanding biochar structure and water quality on sorption behavior, PhD dissertation, August 2017.
- Opdyke, Aaron. Resilient and sustainable infrastructure systems: A comparative analysis of post-disaster shelter coordination, stakeholder participation, and training. PhD dissertation, August 2017. (Link)
- Champion, Wyatt. Navajo home heating practices, their impacts on air quality and human health, and a framework to identify sustainable solutions, PhD dissertation, May 2017.
- Opdyke, A., Javernick-Will, A., Koschmann, K. (2017) “Typhoon Haiyan: Shelter Case Studies.” Mortenson Center in Engineering for Developing Communities, University of Colorado Boulder. (Link)
- Barstow, Christina. An analysis of sustainability in water and energy product implementation in rural Rwanda, PhD dissertation, 2016. (Link)
- Brown, Aaron. Community adoption of appropriate technology through persuasive communication design, PhD dissertation, December 2015.
- Walters, Jeffrey. A systems approach to sustainable rural water infrastructure in developing countries, PhD dissertation, August 2015
- Litchfield, Kaitlin. Characterizing and understanding the growing population of socially engaged engineers through Engineers Without Borders-USA, PhD dissertation, December 2014 (Link)
- Kaminsky, Jessica. Social sustainability of sanitation infrastructure in developing communities, PhD dissertation, December 2013. (Link)
- Schweikert, Amy. The Social Impact Score: A framework for including social benefits in rural road prioritization investments and decision making, MS Thesis, 2013. (Link)
- Yates, Andrew Porter. An evaluation and model of the Chinese Kang system to improve domestic comfort in northeast rural China, MS Thesis, 2013. (Link)
- Ward, Barbara Jeanne (BJ). Human fecal biochar briquettes from the sol-char toilet for use as a solid fuel in the developing world, MS Thesis, December 2013. (Link)
- Allen, Graham. Strength Properties of Stabilized Compressed Earth Blocks with Varying Soil Compositions, MS Thesis, 2012 (Link)
- Hassan, Marc. External environment as a critical success factor in World Bank projects, MS Report, 2012. (Link)
- Jordan, Elizabeth. Pathways to community recovery: A qualitative comparative analysis of post-disaster outcomes, 2012 (Link)
- Panasewicz, Lauren. Evaluation of Enhanced Ceramic Water Filtration (ECWF) Systems for the Removal of Turbidity and Bacteria for Households in Developing Countries, MS Thesis, 2011 (http://search.proquest.com.colorado.idm.oclc.org/docview/873450769/previewPDF/27A3F32944A4427APQ/1?accountid=14503Link)
- Krosnowski, Adam. A proposed best practice method of defining a standard of care for stabilized compressed earthen block production, 2011 (Link)
- Barstow, Christina. Development of an ultraviolet point-of-use device for household water disinfection, MS Thesis, May 2010 (Link)
- Ouda, Kamaleldin. Capacity assessment and analysis of delivery of essential services to the Gaza refugee camps, PhD dissertation, May 2010. (Link)
- Chatterley, Christie. UV-LED irradiation technology for point-of-use water disinfection in developing communities, MS Thesis, May 2009. (Link)
- Grunert, Brett. The Development of a Standard of Care Defining Suitable Testing of Geomaterials Intended for Unstabilized Compressed Earth Block Construction, MS Thesis, May 2009. (Link)
- Bang, Avery. Cable-Suspended Pedestrian Bridge Design for Rural Construction, MS Report, May 2009
- Tele-Education in the Amazon Region of Peru (2008-): Phase I final report (2008)
- Steinert, Jesse. Developing World Sustainable Building Practices, MS Report, May 2008
- Sirakavit, Glen. Cleaning Up the Chemicals from the Carpet Washing Process in Afghanistan, MS Thesis, May 2008.
- Javernick-Will, A., Opdyke, A., & Koschmann, K. (2018). Post Disaster Reconstruction. CU Boulder Global Projects & Organizations Research Group.
- Harper, J. (2018). "The Human Side of Development." TEDxYork School.
- Pugel, K. (2017). "Political Drivers, Including SDG Indicators, Directly Impact Sanitation Efforts on the Ground." IRC.
- Real-Time Monitoring for Improved Water Services in the Ethiopian Lowlands - USAID Lowland WASH Activity and USAID Sustainable WASH Systems Learning Partnership Briefing Note, September, 2018
- Mobile Communities in Ethiopia Seek Fixed Solutions To Their Water & Sanitation Challenges - USAID Global Waters partners with SweetSense, Inc. - USAID Water Team, Medium/USAID Global Waters - Jul. 24, 2018
- Satellite Monitoring: An Innovative Solution for Water Management - Catholic Relief Services, Lodwar Water & Sanitation Company, SweetSense, and the local county government have partnered to create prevention technology in respose to the borehole breakdowns and water scarcity crisis in Turkana County, and throughout Kenya. - M. Lawson, Medium - Sept. 12, 2017
- The "Internet of Things" is Narrowing the Gap Between Data and Action - The IoT market has started to realize its potential to address global poverty. - C. Cheney, DEVEX - June 13, 2016
- The Internet of Broken Things - Adding electronic sensors, connected over cellular networks to global Internet databases, can incentivize fixing the Internet of Broken Things - R. Goodier, Engineering for Change - Apr. 11, 2016
- Fixing M&E With Sensors and the Internet of Things - IoT Sensors have impact but impact requires more than just technology. - E.Thomas, ICTworks - Mar. 11, 2016