Beginning January 16, 2024, all Proposal Submission Request (PSR) forms will be completed through the online PSR in infoEd. The PDF version of the PSR will no longer be available or accepted after January 16. PSR forms completed in PDF format prior to January 16 will be honored.
Departments not participating in the pilot program should continue to use the PDF version of the PSR until January 16, 2024. Pilot departments should continue to use the online PSR in infoED. The pilot departments are Biofrontiers, College of Media, Communication & Information, Chemical & Biological Engineering, Institute of Cognitive Science, and Geological Sciences.
OCG will provide demos and training sessions in January for the new online PSR form along with documentation and video resources.
OCG Proposal Analysts are champions of this new online version and will work closely with the PIs and administrators from your departments as everyone is adjusting to the new online version.
What is the change?
The Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG), in conjunction with infoEd and our campus Office of Information Technology (OIT) team, has built out the utilization of infoEd for completing the Proposal Submission Request (PSR) form and submitting it to their Proposal Analyst through the system rather than using the PDF form. Essentially, this creates a dynamic online submission version of the PSR form.
To notify OCG Proposal Analysts on an intended proposal submission, PIs will now be required to login into infoEd to complete and certify a PSR for the intended activity. PSR must be approved at least five business days prior to the indicated deadline.
What is infoEd?
infoEd is CU Boulder’s electronic research administration system for sponsored project proposals and awards, human subject protocols and the annual Disclosure of External Professional Activities (DEPA).
Keep your profile current
Researchers and Administrators should ensure their infoEd ‘My Profile’ is current and reflects their CU email address and primary department/org for which they perform and manage research. This current information is important to ensure Online PSRs are routed properly.
What are the benefits of this change for Principal Investigators (PIs)?
- Provides a secure, responsive form with conditional questions, which will shorten the form for many PIs.
- Provides an option for the PI to upload a draft budget, the funding opportunity announcement, scope of work, and other documents as part of the PSR submission to help reduce emails.
- Allows multiple users to work on a record together. The system will also validate that all required fields have been completed and direct the user to any missing information on the page.
- Allows for electronic approval of the PSR without the need for additional steps to sign the form through Adobe Acrobat or DocuSign and then email the form. This is possible because individual PSR submitters are logged into the system with their CU Boulder identikey credentials
- Once all questions are complete and compliance assurances are met, the form will automatically select the PI’s assigned OCG Proposal Analyst based on the department org and routed the PSR electronically to them.
- Provides system delegation for research administrators supporting PIs in the department to contribute to the completion of the PSR form.
- Note: Pilot departments were selected as test-users from May 11th – August 31st, 2023. Their feedback was collected, analyzed, and implemented where possible.