On April 17, NIH announced an increase in the salary limitations for grants and cooperative agreements. For NIH researchers and department administrators, the important information to note is as follows:
- NOT-OD-19-099: Guidance on Salary Limitation for Grants and Cooperative Agreements FY 2019 was released April 17, 2019.
- The NIH salary cap for Executive Level II pay has been updated to $192,300 and is effective as of January 6, 2019.
- This new salary cap will be used immediately for all future NIH grant and cooperative agreement proposal submissions.
- If adequate funds are available in active awards, and if the salary cap increase is consistent with the institutional base salary, grantees may rebudget funds to accommodate the current Executive Level II salary level. However, no additional funds will be provided to these grant awards.
- Historical salary cap information is located on the NIH website.