The University of Colorado and the Boettcher Foundation are pleased to announce the 2019 Boettcher Foundation Webb-Waring Biomedical Research Awards program. See video.
- The Boettcher Foundation will provide up to five grants of $235,000 each covering up to three years of research activity for promising and talented early-career investigators at CU.
- Awardees will carry the prestigious title of “Boettcher Investigator”.
- Eligible faculty researchers from all four CU campuses are encouraged to apply.
The program is designed to support research that has a direct impact on human health.
- The biomedical research supported pursuant to this grant program will be designed to find ways to prevent disease and improve human health through basic and applied biomedical research.
- The intent of the program is to fund meritorious research that has the potential for new discoveries or advances a discovery to the proof of its potential value as an application to improve human health.
- This research will help improve the understanding, treatment and prevention of human disease.
For purposes of this program, an eligible early-career investigator (ECI):
- Is within four years of appointment to his/her career-track academic position (i.e., whose career-track appointments began no earlier than January 1, 2014);
- Has not previously received a major independent research award;
- Has received a terminal degree or completed his/her medical residency within the 10 years preceding the application (i.e., on or after January 1, 2008); and
- Is either a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
For more details, go to: http://www.cu.edu/bfww/eligibility
A pre-submission webinar was held on December 13, 2018. Potential applicants can view the recorded webinar at: https://www.cu.edu/bfww/pre-submission_webinar to get more information about the award program, the application and selection process and view a summary of the questions and answers during a Q&A with the chair and vice chair of the 2019 selection panel.
Completed applications must be submitted to the CU Boulder Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG) no later than 5:00 p.m. on February 21, 2019.
- Awards will be announced in May 2019.
- Awards will support work beginning June 1, 2019.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please do not contact the Boettcher Foundation directly.