Students may transfer into the College of Music from another CU Boulder college. Students interested in transferring to the College of Music or adding music as a second major (double major) must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher, and must apply and audition to be accepted into the College of Music.
Before beginning the intra-university transfer (IUT) process to attend the College of Music, interested students are encouraged to speak with their current advisor and to sign up for an introductory meeting with College of Music Director of Admissions + Recruitment Jalen Lee; sign up for a meeting in Buff Portal Advising or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application + audition deadlines
Application instructions and deadlines for IUTs depend on the semester in which you wish to begin your music degree.
- Dec. 1: Priority deadline to submit the College of Music Audition Request Form
- Voice and composition applicants must submit a pre-screening recording by this date. Upload your pre-screening within the Audition Request Form. (See Auditions page for more info.)
- Those not auditioning for voice or composition have until Feb. 1 to submit the Audition Request Form. However, we encourage you to submit by Dec. 1 so you are guaranteed your first choice audition date.
- Feb. 1: Final College of Music Audition Request Form deadline (non-pre-screened programs)
- Feb 15: Deadline to complete your audition
- March 1: Deadline to submit your IUT Application
- Oct. 1: Deadline to submit both the College of Music Audition Request Form and the IUT Application
- Voice and composition applicants must submit a pre-screening recording by this date. (See Auditions page for more info.)
- Nov. 15: Final deadline to complete a live audition/interview with the College of Music
Note: Once you have applied, the College of Music will reach out to schedule your live audition to take place between Nov. 1-15 on a date that works for you.
The College of Music does not take applications for summer term.