At the CU Boulder College of Music, we’re creating a community of engaged Music Buffs whose support, resources and sense of family continue well beyond graduation. All Music Buffs—alumni, current students and participants in any College of Music ensembles or programs—are welcome!
Within the Forever Buffs Network, Music Buff Connect is the digital home for the Music Buff alumni network. You’ll discover and share tools and resources to support your professional journey. Specifically:
- Join our global community to celebrate and share successes, and to contribute updates, services and professional opportunities.
- Meet our global community of trailblazers and build on the Music Buff network to realize your own professional pursuits.
- Expand your professional networks in musical and non-musical industries.
- Find the resources you need to advance your career and develop the skills you need to redefine success.
- Share your expertise, insights, perspectives and lessons learned with fellow alums and students–mentor, hire, teach, support and inspire fellow Music Buffs!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Alumna Janet Gamber (MM ’07, violin performance) is a first violinist with the Reading Symphony Orchestra (Pennsylvania) and a software consultant. Exemplifying the College of Music’s mission to develop multiskilled, multifaceted universal musicians, Gamber says her musical training taught her how to break down complicated concepts into “digestible pieces”—a technique she applies to building software products, as well.
Alumna Indigo Fischer (BM ’19, flute performance + Arts Administration micro-credential) balances being a flutist with her role as artistic operations manager at the Music Academy of the West. “Developing a holistic skillset is a necessary requirement in the current musical landscape. Pursuing a broad education actually helps you specialize because it gives you opportunities to explore and discover what is best suited to you. A degree in music at a well-rounded institution such as CU Boulder gives you transferable skills for many different career paths,” she says.
Discover other College of Music alums on Instagram.