University of Colorado resources
- University of Colorado Boulder Alumni Association
- Business webinar series: We have partnered with our friends from the alumni program at Leeds School of Business to make available to you a webinar series that focuses on many different business, entrepreneurship and jobseeking-related topics. Many of these great webinars offer insight that can be applied across a vast variety of industries, including our multi-faceted music career world!
- Campus Career Services: Career Services has a team working to bring resources to all fields of study, including the arts and entertainment industries!
- Entrepreneurship Center for Music: Alumni are welcome to participate in any of the ECM's workshops or Launchpad talks at the College of Music!
- CU transcripts
- College of Music employment opportunities
- College of Music events calendar
- Donate to the College of Music
Resources brought to you by our alumni community
- Bottoms School of Vocal Acoustics: Alumnus Farland Bottoms offers vocal training workshops to local small programs and choirs. He is also a specialist in teaching developing female voices. Send Farland an email for more information.
- Conducting Your Presence: Alumna Christie Conover offers a master class series on finding your best presence to represent yourself well at auditions. See the sample flyer for more information.
- Fine Tuned Society: Also founded by Christie Conover, this Denver-Boulder area concert series gives recent College of Music alumni a chance to polish their performance pieces or audition repertoire in front of a welcoming, supportive audience. Contact Christie for more information at Christie@ChristieConover.com.
- Professional Coach: Alumnus Tad Gray provides individual executive/leadership coaching, career coaching and life coaching; as well as group workshops and arts leadership development to help artists, musicians and other creatives–along with arts leaders and administrators–develop the skills they need to be more effective, confident and authentic. Contact Tad for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College prep for high school musicians: Alumnus Michael Kilcoyne has started a lesson series to help high school aged students prepare for college music auditions and for the college music school application process. The program, great for any level of student hoping to continue their musical studies, will take your high school student through the process of selecting appropriate audition repertoire, preparing a successful audition and navigating the application process with tips and pointers for a successful application package. Contact Michael for more information at email@example.com.
- MakeMusic: Alumnus Ryan Sargent, social media manager for MakeMusic, offers consultations for fellow alumni on how to more effectively use social media to promote your business, build a brand as an artist, promote your artist mission and brand + more! Contact Ryan for more information at 720-515-7421 or tweet him @ryan_n_sargent.
- Theoryworks: Alumna Amy Stewart has created an exciting new education software program in partnership with Soundfly called Theoryworks. The online theory course helps musical theatre actors learn theory using repertoire applicable to their careers. This fun and engaging course will have you ready to understand the theory and historical context of your pieces for any audition. For more information, visit the Theoryworks website or Facebook page.
- VoiceScienceWorks: Alumnus David Harris is advancing cutting edge vocology and vocal pedagogy. Specifically, VoiceScienceWorks translates contemporary voice research into directly applicable information via workshops, tutorials, voice lessons and more.
Are you working on any programs that provide resources to your fellow alumni? Email us to have them included here!