The College of Music offers license renewal for music teachers during the summer session, for either non-degree student credits to be used toward a future graduate degree or for a certificate. Scholarship opportunities are available as well.

You must register for University of Colorado Boulder Continuing Education for the Teacher License Renewal or the Summer MME. For information, email us and include “CEU Credits” in the subject of the email.

There are two options for this program:

  1. You can register for graduate credits as a non-degree student at the current tuition rate of $690 per credit. These credits can be applied toward a future graduate degree and will be documented by university transcript.
  2. You can register for courses marked with an asterisk at $225 per credit (equivalent to 1.5 CEU units). The office of Continuing Education will issue a certificate upon completion of the course.

Information on scholarships for non-degree students registering for graduate credit is available on the Continuing Education website. Note: The deadline for applications is typically late in May or early in June; funding is based on a competitive essay application process.