To be considered for the MENV program, students must have a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution or the international equivalent. We recommend a minimum of one year of professional experience or applicable training prior to applying. The MENV program selects students who we believe will achieve academic and professional success while adding value to the graduate community. The MENV selects the most talented and diverse candidates through a holistic review of the application materials. Decisions are based on academic and professional backgrounds, as well as individuals' potential to contribute both inside and outside of the classroom. As a cohort-based program, the MENV program requires that students successfully enroll in and completea minimum of two courses per semester. As per the University of Colorado Boulder's Graduate School policy, all master's degrees must be completed within four years.
MENV Admissions and COVID-19
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic has been disruptive to all and that student experiences in the wake of this have not been equitable. In response to these events, we recognize that some applicants will have concerns about the impacts these events could have on admissions. The Masters of the Environment Graduate Program is dedicated to recruiting and supporting diverse, talented students, employing holistic application review processes and supporting students when they arrive on campus.
We want to be clear that we understand:
- students have been facing and will face unprecedented challenges during this time.
- many students and institutions have chosen to adopt the Pass/Fail (or Credit/No Credit) option due to these events.
- due to this disruption students may not have performed to their usual abilities during times of remote study or challenging classroom adjustments.
- some research projects will have been interrupted or will be incomplete as a result of university and facility closures.
- many students will be unable to take on internships and summer research programs or other professional development initiatives.
- there are myriad other challenging circumstances that have arisen in individuals’ experiences.
We will take this all into consideration as we review applications holistically, understanding that our goal continues to be a graduate student cohort of future leaders, full of diverse life experiences and perspectives that will add new dimensions to our existing graduate community. If you have any questions about your specific circumstances, please contact MENVadmissions@Colorado.edu