The Department of Mechanical Engineering accepts applications for travel grants for up to $250 for in state conferences and up to $750 for out-of-state conferences. These awards are given to facilitate educational and professional development through conference participation by a student presenting a paper or poster. PhD students are given preference, but highly qualified MS students are encouraged to apply. Applications are accepted throughout the academic year and are reviewed by the Graduate Committee.
The awards are given as scholarship money and will be applied to your CU account. If your account balance is zero, then a refund will be issued to you. Scholarships can be applied only during the fall and spring semesters.
Funding is contingent upon formal acceptance of an abstract.
Application requirements include:
- Proof of acceptance of paper/poster
- Written request to the Graduate Committee with the following:
- Student’s name, degree plan, and expected graduation
- Destination & name of conference
- Summary of request, including description of benefits & opportunities
- Estimated expenses
- Amount requested
- Description of additional financial support, if any
- Name of faculty advisor(s)
- Signature from faculty advisor(s) showing support for request
Note: If proof of acceptance of paper/poster is not available at the time of your application, funds will not be awarded until such proof is submitted. Please note that if proof of acceptance is provided during the summer, funds may not be able to be applied until the beginning of the following fall semester. Travel grant applications will be considered on a rolling basis (August 1 – May 31).
Please Complete the Following Information: