Thank you for your interest in connecting with students in the CU Boulder Department of Mechanical Engineering! There are a wide range of opportunities to be involved. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
- Careers in ME Symposium (Sep/Oct): This event focuses on introducing second-year students to the range of career opportunities available to ME graduates. Industry guests give talks and sit on panels to share their career journeys, insights into their work/industry/company and advice for current students. They also talk with students and other alumni during a Networking Dinner.
- ME Alumni Connect Day (Oct/Nov): Alumni are invited to participate in a full-day of events, with the option to come and go throughout the day as their schedule allows. Engagement opportunities include in-class panels, a networking lunch, student mock interviews and an alumni-only happy hour.
- Explore ME Dinners (Feb/March): We will be hosting Explore ME Dinners for the first time in Spring 2019. Join first-year students for a dinner focused on sharing insights into different areas of Mechanical Engineering. Tables will rotate every 15-minutes to facilitate a series of short-form conversations on different topics.
- Design Project Sponsorship (Spring/Summer initiation and Aug through May project cycle): Seniors work in teams of 5-7 students to design, build and test products or systems for industry sponsors. Learn more here.
- Senior/Graduate Design Project Judging (April): We’re always looking for project judges! Provide feedback and ratings to this year’s seniors and graduate students.
Remote Volunteer Opportunities
- Mock Interviews (Nov): Host practice job interviews for students enrolled in MCEN2000. Interviews can be conducted via phone or video chat with the option to participate in as many or as few as your schedule allows.
- Informational Interviews: Volunteer to be contacted by up to three students looking for insights into your industry and career path. Students may request your contact information after seeing your job title and company name on our list of volunteers.
- Industry Tours (Feb/March/April)
Low/No Pressure Events
Just want to hang out? Let us know and we’ll invite you to department events including the Component Design Runoff, ASME Fall/Spring BBQ and Senior Design Expo. No Pressure. No need to RSVP. Just stop by and say hi!
We are also working on launching the following programs. If you’re interested or would like to learn more, let us know and we’ll be sure to let you know when they launch.
- Industry and/or Lab Tours
- Alumni/Student Happy Hours
- Case Studies for Courses