Published: Sept. 21, 2020

Katie KubackiMy name is Kathryn Kubacki. I am originally from Albuquerque, New Mexico but have lived in Colorado for over 14 years. I am currently a senior studying mechanical engineering and am minoring in biomedical engineering. My passion for engineering began during my senior year of high school where I happened to take an engineering class to fulfill elective credit. That elective class introduced me to computer modeling and is ultimately the reason I decided to pursue mechanical engineering at CU Boulder. Since then, I have decided to combine computer modeling with my passion for medicine; in the future, I hope to use my skills to further the medical device industry. Currently, I am working with my senior design team to develop a 3D-printed respiratory system to be used as an intubation training device. I am super thrilled to work on this project and believe what we create will end up helping a lot of people. Outside of engineering, I am a mellophone player with the CU Boulder marching band. I have been playing french horn since I was ten and have happily been a part of a marching band for the past eight years. I am also a part of Kappa Kappa Psi, an honorary service and leadership organization that serves the college and university band programs. I have learned so much through my years at CU Boulder and am excited to take the next step into the medical industry in May once I graduate.