Child and Elder Care
Other Childcare Discounts
As a state employer, CU Boulder employees are eligible to participate in the State of Colorado’s employee discount program. Benefit Hub childcare and eldercare discounts may include:
- Brookdale Senior Living - 7.5% off
- Synergy Home Care - 10% off
- The Learning Experience - 10% off
- The Learning Group Brands - 10% off and registration fee waivers
- KinderCare - 10% off
- Everbrook Academy - 10% off
Counseling, Support and Wellness
Mental Health Support
Dedicated to serving the emotional and psychological needs of the campus community.
- We offer both teletherapy and in-person (including outdoors) counseling. Telephonic counseling may be available as well.
- Drop-In Hours
- Let’s Chat is a no cost service where CU Boulder employees can check-in virtually or in-person for an informal and confidential consultation with an FSAP provider.
- Provides free and confidential information, consultation, support, advocacy, and short term counseling services to faculty and staff who have experienced a traumatic, disturbing or life disruptive event.
Health & Wellness Services
Health and Wellness Services has a variety of services and resources available to support CU Boulder staff, faculty, and students. This includes mental, physical, and emotional classes, resources, and opportunities for you to be the best version of yourself.
AcademicLiveCare (ALC) is a free telehealth platform that allows students, staff, and faculty to schedule and attend medical and mental health appointments remotely from anywhere. This is a free service regardless of your health insurance plan.
Confidential consultation services that assist all CU Boulder students, staff, and faculty with any university-related dispute or concern.
Check out the monthly Lunch and Learns. The next one is November 14 on the Power of Micro-Affirmations with Bina Patel. What does it mean to value an individual, especially as a supervisor or leader?
Self-Paced/ On-Demand Support
- The Real Help Hotline gives you access to professional counselors who can offer assistance finding local resources or provide immediate crisis counseling. It’s a free and confidential service and it’s available 24/7.
- SilverCloud offers secure, immediate access to online CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) programs, tailored to your specific needs.
- Ovia Health (Fertility, Pregnancy, Parenting) offers a suite of apps to help families throughout each stage of pregnancy and early parenting. Whether you’re trying to conceive, expecting a baby in the near future or parenting a new family member, Ovia has tools and resources for you.
As a state employer, CU Boulder employees are eligible to participate in the State of Colorado’s employee discount program.
- CU Athletics Discounts: Eligible CU Boulder employees may receive discounts on CU Buffs season tickets and some single game tickets when offered.
- CU Presents Discounts: CU Presents offers all CU Boulder faculty and staff with valid Buff One cards a 25% discount on all Artist Series, Eklund Opera, and some special events! This discount becomes available when single tickets go on sale, usually in August for most events. This discount is not available at the Box Office night-of-show.
Learning & Development
Organization & Employee Development offers a comprehensive learning catalog to CU Boulder employees.
Eligible employees may receive nine (9) waived credits for eligible courses at any CU campus per academic year, or in any given academic year, running from fall to summer, an eligible employee may give their Tuition Assistance Benefit to an eligible dependent or split it between multiple dependents.
Expand your cultural understanding with an ALTEC non-credit language class. CU affiliates receive a 20% discount.
The University of Colorado Department of Human Resources (HR) and the Lockheed Martin Engineering Management Program (EMP) have partnered to offer a graduate Leadership and Management certificate for CU employees.
- LinkedIn Learning provides a vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative and business skills. Online learning through Linkedin Learning is available for all CU Boulder faculty, staff and students.
- CU on Coursera is a unique offering of 100+ Coursera courses taught by faculty across CU Boulder, CU Anschutz Medical Campus, CU Denver, and UCCS. These courses are available at no cost to all faculty, students, and staff currently at any of the four CU campuses or system office.
Fitness & Nutrition
All employees at the University of Colorado (CU) and CU Medicine (CUMed) are eligible for these great discounts at a variety of gyms and fitness centers along the Front Range.
Faculty or staff employed on the Boulder campus, Boulder campus retirees, and employees of University System offices in Boulder are eligible for a membership to the CU Boulder Recreation Center.
Be Colorado for CU Health Plan Members
CU Health Plan and Be Colorado have teamed up to provide employees with a full spectrum of programs. These programs are designed to give employees with CU Health plans the information, inspiration and support needed to achieve their best self. Learn more about CU Health Plan programs
- Ovia Health
- Nutrition Discounts
- Biometric Screenings
- Silver Sneakers
The Mobile Food Pantry is a program facilitated by the Basic Needs Center from the Division of Student Affairs. This resource is free and open to all students, faculty, and staff. Food is distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and meals provided are healthy, fresh, and nutritious. Click on the link for the distrubition schedule.
CU employees are eligible to meet with financial professionals from the university’s retirement plan service provider Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA) at no cost. Discuss any financial issue—from everyday budgeting to managing debt and (of course) retirement planning.
To prepare for a one-on-one session, employees may wish to download the Preparing for a Financial Consultation guide.
CU is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit qualifying employer under the PSLF program. Employee Services, the CU System office that serves all four campuses, will assist you in completing Public Service Loan Forgiveness form.