Learn how to support your colleagues, teams and each other after incidences of mass violence, large disasters or impacts after the death of a student or staff member.
Welcome to the Office of Victim Assistance (OVA)
Traumatic events happen every day in all communities and CU's community is not exempt. The impact of this can vary from person to person. OVA strives to mitigate the impact of traumatic experiences by increasing access and awareness to empower the people we serve in making informed decision. We do this by providing free and confidential trauma-focused services.
OVA provides free and confidential support, consultation, advocacy and short-term trauma-focused counseling services to University of Colorado Boulder students, graduate students, faculty and staff who have experienced a traumatic, disturbing or life disruptive event. We are also a resource for witnesses and secondary survivors. OVA is not the office that investigates or adjudicates cases.
Accessing OVA services
If you have questions about OVA services, please call 303-492-8855 or email email@example.com
- If you would like to meet with a confidential OVA Advocate Counselor:
- 1. Dropping into our office without an appointment Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays between 12:30pm and 3pm in C4C Room N450
- 2. If the above times do not work for you call 303-492-8855 during our business hours to schedule an in-person or telehealth appointment, for those in Colorado
- Note:If feeling sick please stay home and call so we can reschedule and/or convert appointment to telehealth
- If it is after-hours, nights and weekend and campus holidays, 24/7 support information available here.
- For more details on confidentiality please visit the About OVA's page, confidentiality section