The University of Colorado Department of Human Resources (HR) and the Lockheed Martin Engineering Management Program (EMP) have partnered to offer a graduate Leadership and Management certificate for CU employees. We developed this certificate to help our current and future leaders develop and refine their leadership skills and learn new ways to measure and enhance organizational effectiveness. This certificate is 12 credit hours and the courses may be applied toward the Master of Engineering (M.E.) in Engineering Management.
Certificate Application Requirements
Special Benefits Associated with the Exclusive Program
Effective Spring 2020
(12 credit hours)
- EMEN 5030 Project Management or EMEN 5405 Systems Engineering
- EMEN 5050 Leading Oneself or EMEN 5052 Leading Others or EMEN 5053 Leading Technical Organizations
- EMEN 5080 Ethical Decision Making
- EMEN 5020 Finance for Engineering Managers
Prior to Spring 2020
(12 Credit Hours)
*EMEN 5040 is no longer being offered, but if you have already taken this course as part of the certificate it will count instead of Leading Others.
How To Apply
- Online application
- Current Professional Resume
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Signed recommendation letter from your direct supervisor that explicitly states support of participation in this program, including using work time to take classes (if applicable) and department payment of fees and books.
- CU employees should review the complete requirements and steps necessary to use their tuition reimbursement benefit.
Please fill out this Certificate Completion Form before you graduate. A paper certificate is mailed approximately eight weeks after the end of the semester that you graduate. If you did not establish a separate diploma address when you applied to graduate, your certificate will be mailed to your home address.