Costs for ME-EM Professional Master's in Engineering Management

Estimated Tuition & Fees for full degree:                                  

Colorado Resident:       

$37,000 to $39,500

Outside Colorado & International:        

$47,500 to $51,500

Rates above are estimates only.  The exact tuition and fees will depend upon residency (Colorado, U.S., International), type of attendance (online or on-campus), the primary degree program (for multiple-degree students) and do not include:   

  • Books & Supplies (Estimated $150 per term)     
  • Transportation
  • Housing, food & other living expenses

Additionally, the cost of tuition and fees may increase from year to year.  For the most current cost information please visit the Bursar’s Office site.

Financial Assistance

Financial aid is defined in part as U.S. government assistance for U.S. citizens and permanent residents.  Educational loans from U.S. banks are generally not extendable to non-citizens and non-permanent residents, because they are considered part of financial aid, as they are backed by the U.S. government.  These types of educational loans may be available in your country, but you would need to seek out that support independently.  The Engineering Management Program does not have TA/RA positions and does not offer any funding, including scholarships.

Employee Tuition Reimbursement

  • Many employers offer tuition reimbursement for their employees.  If you plan to remain working while taking courses in the EMP, it is worthwhile to inquire with your employer if such a program exists.  The logistics of the reimbursement process will vary across companies.

Financial Aid for U.S. Citizens & Permanent Residents

Student Employment

Students can sometimes secure jobs around campus, but it’s important to note that these types of positions would never be enough to pay for tuition and room and board. CU Boulder's Student Employment Office posts an average of 600 part-time, on-campus and off-campus jobs for students. Graduate students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents may qualify for work-study awards. International students may verify their employment eligibility through International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS).

External Resources

  • The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
  • Gradsense
  • eduPASS: This site provides information for international students who are thinking about pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or professional education in the USA. It also contains material of interest to international students who are already in the USA. There is also some information for international students who are interested in studying in countries other than the US, but the main focus is on higher education in the US.

Payment Plans

Tuition and fees can be spread out over the course of each semester by enrolling in optional payment plans.