- Log in to MyCUInfo (new students get access in May)
- Click on the Financial Aid tab
- Click on Accept/Decline Your Financial Aid
- Under Aid Year, click on the 2019 link to view 2018-2019 financial aid awards, or click 2018 to view 2017-18 financial aid awards
Accepting or Declining Aid
- Grants, work-study and admissions-based scholarships are automatically accepted.
- Loans (except Parent loans) will need to be accepted if you wish to receive them.
- Students awarded other CU Boulder Scholarship(s) may need to accept those awards to receive them. Recipients will be emailed with specific instructions.
Calculate How Much You Need
Before accepting any loans, figure out how much you will need for the academic year.
+ Estimated Indirect Costs
– Grants & Scholarships
= Remaining Amount
- Calculate your estimated cost
- Add your estimated indirect costs from the budget examples
- Subtract grant & scholarship amounts (available in your portal)
- The remaining amount is what you will need to cover with loans, personal savings or payments throughout the year
Only Accept What You Need
You may choose to accept all, part or none of the loans offered to you.* We strongly encourage you to only accept the amount of loan that you need. The less you borrow now, the less you will owe after graduation.
Reducing or Cancelling a Loan Amount
- If you have not accepted/declined your loan(s), you may accept less than full amount of loan offered by following these step-by-step instructions.
- If you have accepted/declined your loan(s), you may reduce the amount or cancel your loan by completing the Loan Cancellation or Reduction form.
* Be sure to include loan origination fees in the amount you choose to borrow if you accept less.