Authorize Federal Aid to Pay All University Charges

CU Book Access (Undergraduates Only)
You may need to authorize your aid to pay toward CU Book Access. If it's needed, it will show up as a to-do item in Buff Portal on your Financial Aid card.

Title IV Authorization

For new students, federal financial aid, such as federal student loans and the Pell Grant, can only pay toward tuition, fees, and on-campus housing and food charges only. However, with your permission, this aid can pay for other types of university charges too, like textbooks, health insurance, parking fees, and optional student fees.

If you don't authorize your aid to pay additional charges, your financial aid will pay toward your tuition, fees, and on-campus housing and food only. Any remaining aid will be refunded to you - even if you still owe the university money. We enourage you to complete this process so paying your university bill is quick and smooth.

How to Grant Permission for Aid to Pay All Charges

  1. Log in to Buff Portal.
  2. From the Financial Aid Card, find the Authorize Aid to Pay All Charges to-do item, then click Authorize Aid.
  3. Click Grant Permissions and follow the instructions.

Not seeing "Authorize Aid to Pay All Charges"?

First, be sure all your to-do items on the Financial Aid card are complete. If you only receive scholarships or are ineligible to receive federal financial aid, you do not need to authorize financial aid to pay all charges.

For more info on how to charge your textbooks to your bill see Bookstore Charge Program.