Expand your knowledge and refine your skills.
Certificates can help you develop or enhance specialized expertise in areas like embedded systems engineering, power electronics and more that can complement your existing electrical engineering education or skillset. Our graduate certificate programs are available to both enrolled graduate students and non-degree-seeking students through CU Boulder's Continuing Education division.
Admission & Registration
- Admission to the Graduate School is not required for students pursuing only the Certificate.
- Step 1: Complete Continuing Education's Online Enrollment Application.
- Step 2: Submit ECEE's Certificate Seeking Application.
- Once admitted, non-degree Professional Certificate students should register in course “B” sections, where seats are allocated specifically for Professional Certificate and distance degree students (i.e. not on-campus students). While these sections indicate “distance" enrollment, campus attendance is also available for those enrolled.
- Upon completion of certificate requirements, contact our ECEE Graduate Advisor for final steps.
- Certificate credit hours may be applied towards a full master’s degree, provided the student is admitted to the Graduate School. However, credit hours may not count towards both a BS and a master’s degree.