Applied Computer Science BS Degree
The post-baccalaureate degree in Applied Computer Science (ACS) is a new degree for professionals with a prior bachelor’s degree that would benefit from computing but who do not have the prerequisite courses needed to pursue graduate study. The goal of the program is to prepare students with a diverse academic background to enter the computer science field.
If you do not have a previous bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, you should apply to the on-campus program. The department has both Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees.
Now Accepting Applications for Summer and Fall 2018
- Summer Classes Start: May 21, 2018
- Summer Session Dates: May 21-Aug 15, 2018 (Aug. 13-15: Final exam period)
- Deadline to Apply for Summer 2018: May 4, 2018. 9:59 PM, MST*
- Deadline to apply for Fall 2018: July 27, 2018. 9:59 PM, MST*
*Last day to submit an application for Summer 2018 (meaning click the submit button). Transcripts and letters of recommendation can be received after this date.
- Students can complete the program by following a 1-year, 1.5-year, 2-year or 3-year pathway to completion.
- Students can start any term: spring, summer or fall.
- Since this is a postbaccalaureate program, students will be taking 45 credit hours of computer science courses.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world with an internet connection at any time of day.
Note: The one-year plan requires a significant full-time commitment from students and approval from your academic advisor.
Computer science is in high demand in many major industries, including business, health care, food, education, aerospace, energy, mass media, and telecommunications. In today’s fast-paced, computer-driven society, combining your previous educational knowledge with applied computer science will open a vast number of employment opportunities.
The CU-Boulder Advantage
- Program: Applied Computer Science
- Degree type: B.S.
- Credit hours needed to graduate: 45
- Tuition: Students enrolled in the Applied Computer Science BS degree will pay the undergraduate tuition rates and fees as determined by the University of Colorado Boulder. These fees do not include the cost of textbooks required for certain courses as well as a computer. Student computers should conform to the recommended minimum computer standards.
- Students will be taught the same rigorous curriculum as on-campus students.
- All courses are taught by faculty who are experts in their field.
- Online students receive a BS degree in Applied Computer Science from CU Boulder's renowned College of Engineering and Applied Science.
- Online students earn a degree from a distinguished university that is a member of the Association of American Universities and a world leader in computer science.
Students interested in applying for the new Applied Computer Science BS degree can click on the Apply Now button below. Prospective students can request additional information by clicking the Learn More button below.
Learn More Apply Now!