Our students enthusiastically welcome interaction with industry experts! Your active participation in the project is critical to the students’ educational experience as well as the successful outcome of your project. Therefore, we require that customers:
- Identify a contact person for the project who can be responsive to the project team. Interactions are most important and intensive during the first several weeks of the project as the students are working to define the scope and requirements.
- Meet and/or be available for teleconferences with the project team as needed.
- Provide the project team with advice and feedback on submitted documents and presentations such as the Customer Project Requirements Document, Project Definition Document, Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews, etc., in a timely manner.
- Attend team design reviews as they occur. These reviews last up to two hours.
- Provide input to the advising faculty regarding student engagement and performance. The advising faculty member determines grades for each student based on the team results and individual contribution.
The CU-Boulder Aerospace Engineering Sciences Graduate Projects course is an ideal opportunity for students to undertake a real-world project that will simultaneously benefit the customer. We want to collaborate with you to develop the next generation of leaders in the aerospace industry and look forward to talking with you in greater detail!