The Climate at the University of Colorado at Boulder Philosophy Department
The University of Colorado Boulder Philosophy Department is dedicated to being a department where all people, including those from underrepresented groups, can thrive and flourish. On these pages, you can find out more about what we’re doing to make this a better place for students and faculty alike.
What we are doing to make this a better place:
- We have an ongoing committee to review and improve the overall social environment and conditions for teaching, learning, and research.
- The Department has adopted Best Practices, which represent the ideals and goals that we aim to live up to.
- We sponsor ongoing training in diversity and mental-health related skills for our faculty and graduate students.
- We enthusiastically look to recruit and retain faculty and students from members of traditionally under-represented groups.
- We are pleased to have an official chapter of the Minorities and Philosophy. Please visit their website for events sponsored by MAP.