New to CU Boulder? For newly admitted student information, click here.
Refer to the College of Music Undergraduate Student Handbook for academic policies and procedures.
We're here for advising and registration help! Schedule your advising appointment with your Academic Advisor through Buff Portal Advising. Students will have the option to sign up for Zoom or in-person advising appointments. For virtual meetings, the Zoom link will be in the confirmation email you receive. For quick questions and concerns, drop-in hours are also available in Buff Portal Advising.
For more information and performances and rehearsals, academic schedules and more, visit the COVID-19 Resources page.
Registration and advising instructions
- View your Enrollment Date in Buff Portal. The enrollment date indicates your specific time to register for classes. Assigned enrollment dates are in November for the spring semester and April for the fall semester. You can view course registration instructions and important academic deadlines on the Registrar’s Office website.
Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor in Buff Portal Advising. Your advisor will review your course selections and verify that you’re taking the appropriate classes and that you have a reasonable course load. Allow 30 minutes for the appointment.
Review your degree audit and add your selected courses to your shopping cart. Degree audits show completed coursework and remaining requirements needed for your degree program. If you find an error or have a concern, contact Victoria Ibarra.
Please allow 24 business hours after your enrollment date for the advising hold to be removed from your record.
Allow 24 hours for the advising hold to be removed from your record. Lessons, recitals, special studies and other applicable courses with restrictions will be added to your schedule after your enrollment date. Ensemble selection is determined by degree program and in accordance with the Ensemble Rule.
Academic forms and policy information
- Special Studies Request Form
- Incomplete Grade Request Form
- Incomplete Grade Policy
- Grade Appeals Policy
- Petition of the Ensemble Rule Request—all requests will be reviewed by the undergraduate Dean
- Awards and Competitions
- Graduation Checkout Form
- Special Course Enrollment Form
- Student Release Agreement
- Credit Limit Overload Petition Form