Music courses offered during Summer Session include Guitar class, Piano class, Appreciation of Music, Topics in Music Technology, Intro to Audio Recording, Music of the Rock Era, History of Jazz, Heavy Metal, Words and Music, Music and Global Health and Basic Music Theory for non-music majors. All instructors are regular College of Music faculty. Any student may enroll in MUEL courses, regardless of major.
This summer, we are also offering an online section of the the first semester of the required History of Music course. Other courses offered online this summer include Piano Class, Appreciation of Music and History of Jazz.
Students may also register for any level of a PMUS (applied lessons) course, as appropriate, through the Division of Continuing Education. Only regular College of Music faculty will teach under this special summer program. Graduate assistants teach only during the fall and spring semesters.
For applied lessons
- You may earn 2 to 4 credit hours per course
- Each credit hour represents 3 hours of instruction
- Tuition is $401 per credit hour
Registration procedure for PMUS courses
- Fill out the Approval Form with the assistance of your instructor.
- Come to the Division of Continuing Education (CE) to register and pay your tuition. If you choose not to pay tuition at the time of registration, it is your responsibility to determine Continuing Education tuition deadlines and pay by the deadline.
- Once registered with CE, students may request access to practice rooms and lockers in the Imig Music Building. Students will need to show their receipt as proof of registration to the office staff in the College of Music, fill out a Practice Room Agreement Form and have the staff initialize their Buff One Card to access the practice room corridors.
- Upon completion of the course, the faculty member will submit the grade to the Division of Continuing Education. Questions may be directed to CE Enrollment Services at 303-492-5148. For specific questions about summer programs, please call 303-492-6584.
2021 Summer Session schedule TBD; read more about what the College of Music offered in Summer 2020 below, or view the CU Course Catalog.