The MENV Program educates our students to advance sustainability solutions across a wide-range of environmental careers and sectors by promoting a community of learning through engaged and interdisciplinary classes and real-world professional experience.
MENV provides environmental leaders with the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary to understand a changing world and build a more just, sustainable, and productive planet.
- Drive thought leadership to address and respond to the dynamism and transformative change in society and the environment;
- Move beyond traditional instruction, incorporating experiential and professional opportunities that prepare students to address real-world environmental challenges;
- Embrace a paradigm of environmental education that values leadership, systems- based approaches, experiential learning, and problem solving;
- Recognize that environmental challenges transcend traditional sectors and professions, and provide our students with the knowledge and skills to succeed in new and emergent fields;
- Leverage the environmental ethic and culture of innovation of Colorado’s Front Range and engage a wide range of stakeholders to create an active community of learning;
- We celebrate diversity and inclusiveness as fundamental to address the greatest challenges of the environment and society.