The 2021 Boulder Statistical Genetic Methods For Human Complex Traits workshop will be held virtually in June 2021. The course will cover a mix of material from the odd and even year workshops including genomic and SEM based topics and their intersections. There will be parallel lecture and practical sessions to accommodate different time zones and the workshop will run for 3-4 hours per day for 10 days (June 7-11 and 14-18).
- Workshop 2021 Announcement • Anuncio Boulder 2021
- Workshop 2021 Schedule
- Instructions for accessing the Workshop computing cluster
Arrangements and course design
Due to the variation in time zones for both faculty and students, we have decided to structure the course into two cohorts (A and B) of students, allowing students to pre-select the most convenient cohort. Each day, each cohort will be expected to:
- Watch one or more pre-recorded lectures (max two hours total) on theory and background relevant to that day's topic.
- Login into Zoom for a two hour live session.
- 15-30 minutes of this will be a live question and answer time with the faculty about the day's topic
- Most of the time will be spent in Zoom breakout rooms in which 5-10 students work through the practicals together, and where instructors can stop by to answer questions as needed.
- Login to the Workshop slack space to ask questions, and request faculty assistance in break out rooms.
Practicals will be done using the workshop computing cluster and other cloud resources. At this time we expect students to provide:
- A reliable internet connection.
- A computer with
- a modern web browser capable of connecting to the Workshop's Rstudio server
- an ssh client to connect to the Workhop's cluster
- A computer or other device with a Zoom client, and, optionally, a camera and microphone.
- A computer or other device able to play videos from Youtube or other sources.
The scheduled blocks will run from 07:00-09:00 Mountain Time (Cohort A) and from 16:00-18:00 Mountain Time (Cohort B) from June 7th to 18th (M-F US).
Below is a table showing the start times of the A and B sessions for some selected time zones.
|Los Angeles, USA||Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 06:00||PDT|
|Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 15:00|
|Boulder, USA||Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 07:00||MDT|
|Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 16:00|
|Boston, USA||Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 09:00||EDT|
|Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 18:00|
|São Paulo, Brazil||Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 10:00||BRT|
|Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 19:00|
|Corresponding UTC||Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 13:00||UTC|
|Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 22:00|
|London, United Kingdom||Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 14:00||BST|
|Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 23:00|
|Amsterdam, Netherlands||Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 15:00||CEST|
|Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 00:00|
|Tel Aviv, Israel||Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 16:00||IDT|
|Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 01:00|
|Kolkata, India||Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 18:30||IST|
|Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 03:30|
|Beijing, China||Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 21:00||CST|
|Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 06:00|
|Brisbane, Australia||Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 23:00||AEST|
|Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 08:00|