Ph.D. • nLIGHT Defense | Nutronics
Electrical, Computer & Energy Engineering Department
- 2018 Department Best Thesis Award
- 2016 Best Poster Award at the Asilomar Bioelectronics Symposium
- 2015 Nature Materials Prize at the BioEl2015 International Winter School on Bioelectronics
- 2014 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- 2013 Department of Education GAANN Fellowship in Functional Materials
- 2012 ECEE Merit Fellowship
- V. Venkatraman, J. Friedlein, I. McCulloch, R. R. McLeod, J. Rivnay, “Subthreshold operation of organic electrochemical transistors for bio-amplification,” Advanced Science, in press
- Jacob Friedlein, Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering, Device physics and material science of organic electrochemical transistors, University of Colorado, 2017.
- Mary Donahue, Adam Williamson, Xenofon Strakosas, Jacob Friedlein, Robert McLeod, Helena Gleskova, George G. Malliaras, “High Performance Vertical Organic Electrochemical Transistors,“ Advanced Materials 2017, 1705031, 2017
- J. T. Friedlein, J. Rivnay, D. H. Dunlap, I McCulloch, S. E. Shaheen, R. R. McLeod, George G. Malliaras, “Influence of disorder on transfer characteristics of organic electrochemical transistors,” Applied Physics Letters 111, 023301 (2017)
- Z. D. Marks, D. Glugla, J. T. Friedlein, S. M. Shaheen, R. R. McLeod, M. Y. Kahook and D. P. Nair, “Switchable diffractive optics using patterned PEDOT/PSS based electrochromic thin-films,” Organic Electronics 37, 271-279, 2016
- J. T. Friedlein, M. J. Donahue, S. E. Shaheen, G. G. Malliaras, and R. R. McLeod, “Microsecond Response in Organic Electrochemical Transistors: Exceeding the Intrinsic Speed Limit,” Advanced Materials 28, 8398–8404, 2016.
- J. T. Friedlein, S. E. Shaheen, G. G. Malliaras, R. R. McLeod, Optical measurements revealing non-uniform hole mobility in organic electrochemical transistors, Advanced Electronic Materials 2015, pp. 1500189 (9 pages), 2015.
- Friedlein, J. T, Malliaras, G. G, Shaheen, S. E, McLeod, R. R, "A better understanding of organic electrochemical transistors for biosensing applications (Presentation Recording)," Organic Field-Effect Transistors XIV, and Organic Sensors and Bioelectronics VIII, pp. 95681H, 2015
- Friedlein, J., McLeod, R., Shaheen, S., "Effect of device geometry on organic electrochemical transistor switching speeds," APS Meeting Abstracts, pp. , 2014
- Friedlein, J. T, Shaheen, S. E, McLeod, R. R, "Optical method for making spatially and temporally resolved measurements of the hole concentration in organic electrochemical transistors," Organic Field-Effect Transistors XIII, and Organic Semiconductors in Sensors and Bioelectronics VII, pp. 91851X, 2014
- Friedlein, J., McLeod, R., Shaheen, S., "Investigation of the cycling stability of an ionically-gated organic thin-film transistor," Bulletin of the American Physical Society 58, 2013