Charlie Rackson is an optics post doctoral researcher, focused on advancing the fundamentals of the new field of Volumetric Additive Manufacturing (VAM). Charlie developed a volumetric printer, resin systems, tomographic reconstruction algorithms, and new modes of VAM printing. In collaboration with researchers at UC Berkeley and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, he has published on both theoretical and experimental aspects of VAM, resulting in multiple patents. Charlie received a BS in Physics, a BS in Mathematics with an applied specialization, and a BA in Humanities from Seattle University. He worked in industry as an optical engineer before joining CU Boulder and earning an MS from the ECEE Department.
- GAANN Fellowhip.
- NSF GRFP Honorable Mention.
- Dean’s Graduate Fellowship, CU Boulder Engineering.
- Optics Faculty Fellowship, CU Boulder, ECEE Department.
- Excellence Fellowship, CU Boulder, ECEE Department.
- Mirbagheri-Yandl Spirit of Mathematics Award.
- John Van Zytveld Award for best presentation in the physical sciences, including a cash prize, at The Murdock College Science Research Conference (November 2014).
- Honorable Mention in the 2015 COMAP International Mathematical Contest in Modeling.
- Outstanding presentation award at the American Physical Society National Conference (March Meeting, 2015).
 C. M. Rackson, J. T. Toombs, M. P. De Beer, C. C. Cook, M. Shusteff, H. K. Taylor, R. R. McLeod, "Latent Image Volumetric Additive Manufacturing", Optics Letters. 47, 1279-1282 (2022).
 C. M. Rackson, K. M. Champley, J. T. Toombs, E. J. Fong, V. Bansal, H. K. Taylor, M. Shusteff, R. R. McLeod, "Object-space optimization of tomographic reconstructions for additive manufacturing", Additive Manufacturing 48, 102367 (2021).
 Cook, C. C., Fong, E. J., Schwartz, J. J., Porcincula, D. H., Kaczmarek, A. C., Oakdale, J. S., Moran, B. D., Champley, K. M., Rackson, C. M., Muralidharan, A., McLeod, R. R., Shusteff, M., “Highly Tunable Thiol‐Ene Photoresins for Volumetric Additive Manufacturing.” Adv. Mater. 2020, 2003376, 2020. Cover.
 C. Rackson, A. Watt, W. J. Kim, "Effect of surface contact potential in atomic-size contacts", Physical Letters A, Vol.379 Issue 37, pp. 2239-2244 (2015).
 P. McDonnell, T. Graveson, C. Rackson, W.J. Kim, "A detailed study of scaling behavior in electrochemical etching of tungsten wires: Effects of non-uniform etching", Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, Volume 74, Issue 1, pp. 30-34 (2013).
 A. Hankins, C. Rackson, and W. J Kim, "Photon charge experiment", American Journal of Physics, 81, 436 (2013).
 T. Graveson, C. Rackson, W. J. Kim, "Development of a high-sensitivity torsion balance to investigate the thermal Casimir Force", International Journal of Modern Physics: Conference Series, Volume 14, pp. 337-346 (2012).