Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, May 1998, University of Colorado
M.S. in Chemical Engineering, May 1994, University of Colorado
B.A. in Art History, May 1977, Barnard College
- Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering Faculty Mentor Award, 2011
- Boulder Faculty Assembly Teaching Award, 2010
- Best Paper, Frontiers in Education Conference, 1999, 2000
- "Professor Who Makes A Difference", Mechanical Engineering, Spring 2000
- Sullivan-Carlson Innovation in Teaching Award, Fall 1999
- Outstanding Part-time Graduate Instructor, University of Colorado, at Boulder, May 1996
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant, Chemical Engineering 1993
- de Grazia, J.L., Sullivan, J.F., Carlson, L.E. and Carlson, D.W. (2001), "A K-12 / University Partnership: Creating Tomorrow's Engineers, " Journal of Engineering Education, October 2001.
- de Grazia, J.L., (2001), "Engineering Workshops for K-12 Schoolteachers, " Proceedings, 2001 Frontiers in Education Conference, paper #1297.
- de Grazia, J.L., Sullivan, J.F. Aragon, , D.J. and Matthews, J.M. (2001), "Success Institute: Expanding the Pool of Under-Represented Minority Engineering Students, " Proceedings, 2001 Frontiers in Education Conference, paper #1293.
- de Grazia, J.L., Sullivan, J.F., Carlson, L.E. and Carlson, D.W. (2000), "Engineering in the K-12 Classroom: A Partnership that Works, " Proceedings, 2000 Frontiers in Education Conference.
- Sullivan, J.F., de Grazia, J.L. Davis,, S.E. and Carlson, L.E. (1999), "Innovation in Everyday Life: Making Engineering Come Alive for the K-12 Community, " Proceedings, 1999 National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance Annual National Conference, Washington , DC, .
- Sullivan, J.F. Davis,, S.E., de Grazia, J.L. and Carlson, D.W. (1999), "Beyond the Pipeline: Building a K-12 Engineering Outreach Program, " Proceedings, 1999 Frontiers in Education Conference.
- Poole, S.J., de Grazia, J.L. and Sullivan, J.F. (1999), "Assessing K-12 Pre-Engineering Outreach Programs, " Proceedings, 1999 Frontiers in Education Conference.
- Randolph,, T.W. and Johnston,, K.P. (1999), "Surfactants for Supercritical Fluids" in Chemical Synthesis Using Supercritical Fluids, Jessop and Leitner, eds. Wiley.
- de Grazia, J.L., O'Brien, J. and Randolph, T.W. (1998), "Rotational Relaxation in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Revisited: A Study of Solute-Induced Local Density Augmentation, " J. Phys. Chem. A, 102, 1674-1681.
- Heitz, M.P., Carlier, C., de Grazia, J.L., Harrison, K.L., Johnston, K.P., Randolph, T.W., Bright, F.V. (1997), "Water Core within Perfluoropolyether-Based Micromeulsions Formed in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide, " J. Phys. Chem. B, 101, 6707-6714.
- Ascentiis, A.D.; de Grazia, J.L.; Bowman, C.N.;Colombo,, P. (1995), "Mucoadhesion of poly(2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate) is improved when linear poly(ethylene oxide) chains are added to the polymer network, " Journal of Controlled Release, 33, 197-200.
- de Grazia, J.L. and Bowman, C.N. (1995), "Settling Characteristics of Microparticles Modified by Hydrophilic Semi-Interpenetrating Polymer Networks, " J. Appl. Polymer Sci., 55, 793-805.