For over 16 years the professional research Instrument Shop at the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering has provided mechanical and electrical design and fabrication services at CU Boulder. The experienced staff provides solutions for instructional and research needs for any department or college at highly competitive rates. The Instrument Shop is collectively comprised of a machine shop and electronics shop, both of which are located in the basement level of the Jennie Smoly Caruthers Biotechnology Building.
In short, the shop’s primary mission is to help the labs and researchers get the custom tools and instruments they need to successfully complete their projects, from problem to solution. Contact the shop staff with the details of your project.
- Custom microscope stages.
- High and low temperature fluidized beds.
- High-temperature reactors.
- Bio-reactors for tissue growth.
- Various flow cells for membrane separations.
- Electro-chemical testing cells for battery research.
- And much more!