CU Boulder Assessment Resources
The Assessment Team in the Office of Data Analytics (ODA) provides leadership and centralized support to CU Boulder in the assessment of student learning and program effectiveness. The team offers consultation and resources on conducting assessments for academic programs, including:
Arts & Sciences Support of Education Through Technology (ASSETT) integrates technology with pedagogy to promote impactful learning. ASSETT offers resources that support classroom assessment such as:
The Division of Student Affairs Office of Assessment and Planning supports Student Affairs units in gathering and analyzing data to inform meaningful changes to their activities, services and facilities. The office offers consultations, training, and resources to support assessment efforts in Student Affairs.
Essential Organizations and Initiatives
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment
- American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) VALUE Rubrics and Essential Learning Outcomes
- Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AALHE)
- The Social Science Research Council’s Measuring College Learning Project
- Social Science Research Council frameworks for Biology, Business, Communication, Economics, History, and Sociology
Assessment in Graduate Education
Denecke, D., Kent, J., & McCarthy, M.T. (2017). Articulating learning outcomes in doctoral education. Washington, DC: Council of Graduate Schools.
- Preparing Future Faculty to Assess Student Learning, Selected Resources from the Council of Graduate Schools
Assessment in Online Teaching and Learning
Developing Online Assessments of Student Learning in a Hurry, Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching
- Muller, K., Gradel, K., Deane, S., Forte, M., McCabe, R., Pickett, A. M., Piorkowski, R., Scalzo, K., & Sullivan, R.(2019, October). Assessing student learning in the online modality (Occasional Paper No. 40). Urbana, IL: University of Illinois and Indiana University, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA).
- Prineas, M., & Cini, M. (2011, October). Assessing learning in online education: The role of technology in improving student outcomes. (Occasional Paper No. 12). Urbana, IL: University of Illinois and Indiana University, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA).